ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mailed application and realised an oversight!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spikky

Mailed application and realised an oversight!

Post by spikky » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:29 am

Hi all,

I mailed my initial Tier 1 Entrepreneur application today and I realised within an hour of posting that I've forgotten to sign the third party declaration letter of 50k signed by my parents and also on the letter from legal adviser.

Fortunately, my Dad had sent me 2 sets of originals signed so I have one more set that I can sign and send.

Its past midnight and my application pack probably still hasn't left the post office!

I have kept the COC, covering letter and 2nd set of letters ready. Should I just mail them in the morning to Sheffield?

Will they be able to link it to my application pack sent to Durham?

I am confused and anxious and don't know what to do. Kindly help.

Thanks.

Regards,
spikky

spikky

Re: Mailed application and realised an oversight!

Post by spikky » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:58 am

Actually I re-read guidance notes. It doesn't really say that the Applicant has to sign either in the main notes or Annexe Letter templates. Only the applicants name, relationship etc should be mentioned.

The signature of applicant is needed only if forming a team. I am not. I am an IT contractor under limited company.

Should I still go ahead and send another set of originals including my signatures? Pls any insight will be helpful.

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Post by tanvir1985th » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:31 am

u simply cant send the additional document unless u get a reference number. wait until u get that and then with a covering letter send the documents in special delivery and keep the receipt and photocopy of that. that should be fine. by the way when yr visa expires?

spikky

Post by spikky » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:01 pm

I sent it already this morning. They are not additional documents. They are corrected documents with my signatures included and its an in time application. The application pack left yesterday but for my missing signature on 2 docs which I sent today. Better to cover ground than be sorry or have the application sent back or rejected.

spikky

Post by spikky » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:14 pm

I am pleased to share that despite my oversight and errors in application (blame it on Mercury being retrograde during the time of application!) I received my visa approval letter and documents today and am awaiting my BRP!

My timeline as follows:

February 10th 2014- Submitted application
February 11th 2014 - Submitted additional 2 documents that Id forgotten to sign previously
February 17th 2014 - Received Acknowledgement Letter dated February 12th 2014
February 18th 2014 - Received Biometric enrolment invitation letter dated February 14th 2014
February 19th 2014 - Submitted Biometrics at Golders Green PO London
March 3 2014 - Email from case worker advising contract submitted was not per guidelines that I've not signed on all pages, it being a copy and not an original OR to send business bank statement
March 4 2014 - Sent signed contract on all pages with some additional info about contract with business bank statement and recent correspondences with 5 clients for potential contracts.
March 17 2014 - Received approval letter , passports and documents. Awaiting BRP!

My business IT contracting for Project Management in Software Training Development- level 6

3rd party funding from family overseas.

No solicitor consulted. Just this valuable forum! Lots of goof ups in application but application itself was strong enough!

Thanks all and Good luck to everyone else waiting:-)

Kumar197

Post by Kumar197 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:58 pm

Hi congratulations

Would you plz let me know the date of the your approval letter?

I have applied 28dec 2013 same like you with overseas parents fundings.
Done bio 9th jan got email 20th feb additional info in overseas bank details
Docs posted 26th February 2014 still waiting...

spikky

Post by spikky » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi Kumar197, My approval letter is dated March 14th 2014. All the best.

Kumar197

Post by Kumar197 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:35 pm

Thanks...