ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR_SET(O) form_queries_pls help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Neesheel
India

ILR_SET(O) form_queries_pls help

Post by Neesheel » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:30 pm

Hello,

I have few queries on ILR Set(O) form if anyone can help me with these, would be very useful

1) I am on tier 2 and planning to apply for ILR. My job contract ends in May and I qualify to apply for ILR in Feb. I am wondering, if I can still apply for ILR or will it be not advisable because my job contract runs out soon?

2) Holidays- I have been out of country for 98 days over 5 years period. These are paid holidays and are just a family/personal visits back home.
A) Yr 2009 - 14+26 = 40 days (May 2009 – for 14 days + November 2009 – for 26 days )
B) Aug 2011 - Sep 2011 – 42 days
C) OCt 2012 – 16 days

3) I will be applying for ILR with my wife who is on dependent visa since 5 years now. Does she need to fill separate Set (O) form?

4) Section 7 Question 7.11 (How long have you lived in the UK?)
I was a student before getting the WP/Tier 2 and I am applying for ILR based on 5 yr work. So which date of entry in the UK should I give for the above Question, the one I first entered as a student or the one I got my first WP visa within the UK.

I will appreciate any responses

Thanks

dk2011

Re: ILR_SET(O) form_queries_pls help

Post by dk2011 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:27 am

[quote="Neesheel"]Hello,

I have few queries on ILR Set(O) form if anyone can help me with these, would be very useful

1) I am on tier 2 and planning to apply for ILR. My job contract ends in May and I qualify to apply for ILR in Feb. I am wondering, if I can still apply for ILR or will it be not advisable because my job contract runs out soon?[b]-- Is your employer ready to give you letter mentioning that you are required for foreseen time ? If yes , then you must do now and that too in PEO.[/b]

2) Holidays- I have been out of country for 98 days over 5 years period. These are paid holidays and are just a family/personal visits back home.
A) Yr 2009 - 14+26 = 40 days (May 2009 – for 14 days + November 2009 – for 26 days )
C) OCt 2012 – 16 days
[b]OK[/b]
3) I will be applying for ILR with my wife who is on dependent visa since 5 years now. Does she need to fill separate Set (O) form?
[b]No. Make her as your dependent .[/b]
I was a student before getting the WP/Tier 2 and I am applying for ILR based on 5 yr work. So which date of entry in the UK should I give for the above Question, the one I first entered as a student or the one I got my first WP visa within the UK.
[b]the one I got my first WP visa[/b]

Thanks[/quote]

Neesheel
India

Post by Neesheel » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:50 am

Thanks very much for your reply dk2011

1) I am on tier 2 and planning to apply for ILR. My job contract ends in May and I qualify to apply for ILR in Feb. I am wondering, if I can still apply for ILR or will it be not advisable because my job contract runs out soon?-- Is your employer ready to give you letter mentioning that you are required for foreseen time ? If yes , then you must do now and that too in PEO.[/b}

My employer is ready to give me a letter but the employer will mention that my contract will end in May however I will be required until then. Do you think that will be any issue for not considering me for ILR?[/b}

Thanks

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:30 pm

That is clearly a problem. You can ask them just to mention that you are still required for the job . Obviously , that doesn't guarantee that he needs to keep you for any longer than actually required. Talk to them and reach a settlement that you will voluntarily leave without any issue and request them to help you with your ILR.
Bear in mind UKBA can verify the details with the company and if they have a different version than what is there in the letter you will be in trouble.

Neesheel
India

Post by Neesheel » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:43 am

Thanks dk2011

Neesheel
India

Re: ILR_TIER 2_pls help

Post by Neesheel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:58 am

Hello DK2011 and other senior members,

As per below links it seems for tier2, it is not required to have 'foreseeable future' in the employers letter only that you are still needed for the job in question. Any comments on this people.. as my job contract is coming to an end in 3 months and my employer can't say that i am required for foreseeable future as i am on contract (tier 2)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/
TIER 2
Also, the sponsor that gave you the certificate of sponsorship for your current job must:

certify in writing that they still need you in the job; and
confirm that you are paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors. If you are not being paid the appropriate salary rate due to maternity, paternity or adoption leave, your sponsor must confirm the date your leave started and that you were paid at the appropriate salary rate immediately before the start of that leave.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/
HSMP
Evidence of employment
You should provide recent documents from the employer named in your current work permit confirming that you are still needed and that your employment within them is continuing.

yetis
Newly Registered

Post by yetis » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:11 pm

Any good news for your application? Can you share your employer letter please? I have similar problem.
Neesheel wrote:Hello,

1) I am on tier 2 and planning to apply for ILR. My job contract ends in May and I qualify to apply for ILR in Feb. I am wondering, if I can still apply for ILR or will it be not advisable because my job contract runs out soon?

C) OCt 2012 – 16 days

Thanks

RJLK

Re: ILR_TIER 2_pls help

Post by RJLK » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Neesheel wrote:Hello DK2011 and other senior members,

As per below links it seems for tier2, it is not required to have 'foreseeable future' in the employers letter only that you are still needed for the job in question. Any comments on this people.. as my job contract is coming to an end in 3 months and my employer can't say that i am required for foreseeable future as i am on contract (tier 2)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/
TIER 2
Also, the sponsor that gave you the certificate of sponsorship for your current job must:

certify in writing that they still need you in the job; and
confirm that you are paid at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors. If you are not being paid the appropriate salary rate due to maternity, paternity or adoption leave, your sponsor must confirm the date your leave started and that you were paid at the appropriate salary rate immediately before the start of that leave.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/
HSMP
Evidence of employment
You should provide recent documents from the employer named in your current work permit confirming that you are still needed and that your employment within them is continuing.
Hi Neesheel,

Have you had your ILR approved. I have the same problem. I am on contract ending in a month after my ILR eligibility date. I am also a researcher in the University and I assume they wont mention "foreseeable future" in the letter, rather they will mention the end date.

jdp2344
Newly Registered
India

Post by jdp2344 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 pm

Hello,

I am also in the same boat, I am aiming to apply for the ILR in Jan 2018 and My employer is happy to mention that my contract end date Sept 2021 i.e. 4 years. Thus, do you think this would be a problem, this is due to fix term nature of the contract. I know this is an old thread and I would appreciate any responses. Kind regards JP

SZaid
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by SZaid » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Any update friends? I also have appr. 7 months after I will become eligible for ilr.