ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR through Tier 1 (General) Route

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tauseefakhan
Newly Registered

ILR through Tier 1 (General) Route

Post by tauseefakhan » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:13 pm

Hello All,

I am looking for some information and would really appreciate if you can advice me on the following points please,

I entered into the UK on 10th of October 2003 on student visa.

I completed my Bachelor of Engineering (Honors) Degree from UK University in 2006. I applied for HSMP and got approval on 30th of September, 2008.
I sent my passport to be stamped with visa to UKBA in March 2009, it got stamped with Tier 1 General Visa for 3 years on 22nd of April 2009 and it was valid till 22nd of April 2012.
I applied for extension for Tier 1 General at PEO and got it till 22nd of April 2015. At that time I asked the case worker at Public Enquiry Office, Liverpool and was told that I would get 3 years extension instead of 2 years. Now, I need advice on following questions,

I am suppose to spend Five Years on Tier 1 General to be eligible to apply for ILR - This period will be completed on 22nd of April 2014.
I believe I have completed five years period with a valid Tier 1 General visa which makes me eligible to apply for ILR in April, 2014. Please confirm if this is the case?

Also, when I applied for HSMP, I did IELTS in 2008 as a supporting evidence for English Language. As IELTS certificate is valid for only 2 years and has been expired now. I have also got a Bachelor (Honors) Degree in engineering which is issued by a UK University, the degree was taught in London and was in English. The degree was taught for 2 years as I got 2 years exemption from University based on my previous qualifications.

I just want to clarify that do I need to prove my English Language Proficiency through a fresh IELTS or the certificate I presented during the processing of my HSMP application (2008) will be suffice? Or can I present my Bachelor's Degree as a proof of English Language? Please advice.

I would really appreciate if any one can confirm and clarify above.

Many Thanks

tauseefakhan
Newly Registered

Re: ILR through Tier 1 (General) Route

Post by tauseefakhan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:16 pm

Would appreciate if someone can clarify above please.....

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:31 pm

I believe I have completed five years period with a valid Tier 1 General visa which makes me eligible to apply for ILR in April, 2014. Please confirm if this is the case?
Yes.
I just want to clarify that do I need to prove my English Language Proficiency through a fresh IELTS or the certificate I presented during the processing of my HSMP application (2008) will be suffice? Or can I present my Bachelor's Degree as a proof of English Language
Expired IELTS certifcate or degree can satisfy the requirement. For more details see here and here
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

tauseefakhan
Newly Registered

Post by tauseefakhan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:42 am

@ UKBALoveStory Thank you for your response.