ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New online visa app for EEA family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stars

New online visa app for EEA family permit

Post by stars » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:24 pm

Hi guys i hope every one is doing good.
i,m trying to fill up this new online EEA family permit application nothing is clear on this website there is no guidance how to fill up the form and there is no question numbers so i,m not sure what i need to fill up and what i should leave and just right NA or NA for EEA family permit.
bellow is the form how it looks like each different section but then there are question are mix up. some time they ask about applicant and some time they ask about sponsor.
specially the section "EEA" is very confusing dont know which question they are asking from sponsor or applicant why they cant make it clear straight ask enter the name of eea nation or sponsor and enter the detail for applicant very confusing.
can some one help me plz with the section i need to submit my app on Monday i,m totally confused

Passport and Travel Information
Personal Details and Travel History
Family Details
Employment, Income and Sponsor Details
Family and Friends in the UK
Medical Treatment
EEA National
Additional Information

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: New online visa app for EEA family permit

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:11 pm

If the form is not clear, you should inform UKBA. I suspect they believe the form to be crystal clear.

An application ought to be very simple indeed. Show that you are the family member of an EU national who intents to exercise treaty rights in the UK, bearing in mind that for the first three months, there is not requirement to demonstrate that treaty rights are being exercised.

davidg
Newly Registered

Post by davidg » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi Star, I too was very confused about those issues you pointed out. May I ask how did you proceed and did you have to pay any money?

stars

Post by stars » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:42 am

Hi David i just filled what i understood was that only EEa sections first few questions were about about eea national(sponsor)
rest all application was about applicant how many question they asked i think more then 200 its funny i answered in most of questions NA about work job and finance of applicant NA should be ok /
no there is no fee for eea FP

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Post by facebook.user » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi what exactly questions do you want to know? i filled up application in December and i got FP

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Post by facebook.user » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:31 pm

hi sorry mate i cannot get into inbox you can post your question here.

irenesalazar
Newly Registered

Post by irenesalazar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi there, I am also filling my application form and find it very confusing:
Not 100% when they are asking about the applicant (me) or the EEA national (my husband)
Not sure how to make sure I am willing to come to the UK to live (as there are so many questions about my 'stay' here, or the 'trip')
Under the section of Medical Treatment in the UK, I am registered with the NHS and have visited the GP a handful of times in the last 3 years. Does that count as receiving Medical Treatment in the UK for which I didn't have to pay? If so, when did it start/finish? They don't ask for a NHS number, so how can I make clear that I didn't have to pay for it as I had the right to receive treatment as legally living, working and paying taxes in the country?

I am Colombian and have been living in the UK for 3 and a half years, first as a student and then working under a PSW Tier 1 Visa, which is about to expire on the 1st of March. I met my Hungarian boyfriend a year ago and we got married in January. I am leaving the country because my visa is about to expire and I want to visit my family in Colombia now, hence didn't apply for a Residence Permit from inside the UK. I have met my husband's family in Hungary, but he has only met my sister in Germany. He is coming to Colombia to visit me and my family in April and hopefully by then my EEA FP will be ready so we can travel back together in May.

I am concerned about possible reasons to reject the application:

1- I quit my job before leaving the UK, then I am going to Colombia on holiday for the next 2 and a half months. Technically I am Unemployed, but I will be living off my savings. Is there a better way of putting it?
2- Where is my permanent address? I will be applying from Colombia, where I will stay with my parents but only whilst I sort out the EEA FP. All my stuff is still in the UK, also my main bank accounts. I don't find a way to explain this in the Application form and it might sound confusing for them that I live in Colombia but everything else is in the UK.
3- What kind of evidence (apart from photos of trips together) should I submit regarding the validity of the marriage? We only got married in 10 January and I will be applying at the end of February. I have met his entire family and visited his home country, but he has only met my sister, although has tickets to visit in Colombia in April.

Thanks for anybody with advice regarding my case or just generic advice filling in the form!!

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi Irene, read Jambos' guide http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14867.html

Its not you that will be doing the applying. Your husband will be execising treaty rights as a migrant worker from EEA. Assuming he has a job and an address. He has the right to have his wife with him no matter what her nationality.

Your visa history does not matter, you could have been an overstayer or drawn benefits. You were here under UK immigration rules but now you will be changing to EU treaty rules which are a totally different system.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi, can anyone confirm the validity of an online incomplete application? I heard that submitted application have 90 days validity but what about unsubmitted ones

Thanks

irenesalazar
Newly Registered

Post by irenesalazar » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:40 am

Thank you 357 and Jambo for the info! Very useful

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi Irene

I'd be interested in what you wrote for your permanent address and what evidence (if any) you provided to prove the validity of your marriage.

Thanks!
C

twinkletoe
Newly Registered

Post by twinkletoe » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:38 pm

I just filled out this form today - Only took me 4 hours! The terminology used as well as the questions are highly ambiguous and full of grammatical errors. The question for both spouses about previous relationships only have fields for the reply of one person - which one?! I used to think the old form was quirky, but this one truly takes the cake :shock: It looks like a combo of different forms as a lot of the questions shouldn't have any bearing on the outcome.

facebook.user
United Kingdom

Post by facebook.user » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:17 pm

i filled in the form and i stated the old relationship of my spouse. That questions refer to EEA national not you. I wrote an explanation letter to explain that. There was one another thing that was european registration certificate number. We put the passport number as it is not required but it is mandatory in online form. i explained everything in separate letter and i got FP in 2 weeks from islamabad.
hope you will also get it soon.

wondering1
Newly Registered

Post by wondering1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:54 pm

357mag wrote:Hi Irene, read Jambos' guide http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14867.html

Its not you that will be doing the applying. Your husband will be execising treaty rights as a migrant worker from EEA. Assuming he has a job and an address. He has the right to have his wife with him no matter what her nationality.
Hi Irene, 357 / Jumbo / All,

I have the following question:

What if the EU person doesn't have a job and only lived in the UK last year for a couple of months, requested NIN (National Insurance Number), registered in the GP but never worked or used NHS.

I checked the FAQ from Jambo and it says:
"Q3: Do I need to have a job in the UK before my family apply?

If you are just moving to the UK then – NO. You have 3 months of unrestricted residence and you don’t need to have a job or a place to live before you move. "
Can the NON-EU spouse apply even if the EU spouse doesn't have a job and have not recently lived in the UK?
Having never worked in the UK is considered as "just moved to the UK" even if the person lived there for a couple of months?

I would really appreciate if someone could possibly please shed some light on it or suggest a link to find out more information.

Thanks a lot
W

PS. Irene what documents did you send as proof of marriage? thanks a lot

irenesalazar
Newly Registered

Post by irenesalazar » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:39 am

Hello everybody! Sorry I am late with the feedback, but here it is:
I filled in everything in the form as I was going to leave the city afterwards and didn't want to return after just to give more information they had already asked for. I replied all the questions with the truth including that I plan to look for a job as soon as I am back and that my intention is to stay there to live indefinitely. Also that I only met my husband a year ago and that we married a bit more than a month before applying. I used every space to give a thorough explanation of my case as I think the application form is very generic and I think adding a cover letter is a good idea. If you have any questions regarding what I replied to specific questions feel free to ask.
- I applied on February 27th from Bogotá. Colombia. I had booked the appointment the day before but I guess that depends on each embassy. It might take longer so try planning in advance.
- On 28th February I received the following email:
Dear applicant,
The package containing your UK visa application has been opened and your supporting documents organized in preparation for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Please note UKBA customer service standards for all applications are: to complete 90% of visa applications (except settlement categories) in not more than three weeks, 98% in six weeks and 100% in 12 weeks.
You will receive a further e-mail advising you of the outcome of your application in line with the above targets. This e-mail will also provide you with details of you return package.
For your information the current processing times for the Bogota Hub as at 17th February 2014:
Visit visas 04 days
Settlement visas 20 days
Tier 4 Student visas 06 days
All other visa types 05 days
Priority Service applications (Excluding Settlement)48 hours
The processing time above indicate the average processing time in the Bogota hub and do not include courier times.
Please also include the following courier times:
Venezuela - 3 days
Mexico - 4 days
Ecuador - 6 days
Central America - 5 days
We regret we are unable to respond to status enquiries. Further information on our services is available at http://www.visainfoservices.com
- On 3rd March I received the following email:
Dear customer,
Your visa application has been assigned to a visa officer, who will consider your case according to UK immigration rules.
You will shortly receive an email informing you of the decision made. This email will contain information regarding when your documents will be returned or how you can collect them.
- On 4th March I received the following email:
Dear Applicant:
The answer to your visa application is ready and today 03/04/2014 will be sent to VFS Carrera 14 # 85-68 Office 407. Once they have it they will communicate how it will be delivered to you.
UKBA
Bogotá
- On 6th March I received the following email:
Dear Applicant:
The response of your visa application is ready and is can be collected from 06/03/2014 between 3:00 and 4:40 pm at VFS Carrera 14 # 85-68 Office 407.
Sincerely,
UKVI
Bogotá

That very same day I had it delivered to my home address in a different city (I had paid for the courier approximately 20 pounds).

The EEA Family Permit is valid from 05/05/14 until 11/05/14. I had already bough the ticket entering the country on 5th May (leaving Colombia on the 4th). I was a bit surprised the timing is so tight, but it will be alright.

Thank you all for your help!
Last edited by irenesalazar on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

irenesalazar
Newly Registered

Post by irenesalazar » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:08 am

Hi there Wondering1 and anybody else with the same question. The documents I submitted were:
- Marriage certificate, original. We got married in the UK but you will need a certified translation if not in English.
- Tons of photos (about 25), including just the two of us traveling around Europe and some at home in the UK celebrating birthdays, with his family in Hungary, photos with friends of mine from school, his best friends from university and with my sister. He hasn't met my parents yet. Every single photo had information written on the back: names, emails and phone numbers, date and place. I got them all sent back to me by the way :)
- The invitation letter I received from his mother when I applied for a Schengen Visa to visit his family in Hungary last July. I also attached a copy of her National ID and my husband's birth certificate.
- Hotels booking emails of some of our trips together around Europe.
- Train and flight tickets from trips together.
- My ticket back to the UK in May.
- His flight ticket to come to Colombia to visit me in April, returning in May (we are traveling together on the way back) plus 3 more tickets proving our plans to visit friends and family in Colombia.
- A bank statement from our joint account, which by the way we had opened less than 2 weeks before and has a balance of around 2000 pounds.

Most important, a letter from him stating how we met, who we both are, how are relationship developed (mentioning trips together, meeting family and friends), what our plans are and mentioning the supporting documents attached to the application. By the way my husband is not paying for my trip and I am not his dependant but if that is your case he/she clearly has to mention that in the letter. However, he wrote something like 'she has my full emotional and economic support should she require so'.

I sent other documents proving the accommodation arrengements, bank statements, payslips, my tax history in the UK, a copy of my NHS id, council tax copies, etc. Let me know if you need to know anything else.

By the way, I received everything back except for:
- The letter from my husband
- The letter from our landlord
- The letter from his employer
- The plane tickets for our trips in Colombia in April and May
- His ticket Birmingham-Bogotá-Birmingham in April/May
- My ticket Bogotá-Birmingham in May

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!!!!! Thanks again for your help, hope somebody finds this feedback helpful.

leticiabtav
Newly Registered

Post by leticiabtav » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:24 pm

facebook.user wrote:i filled in the form and i stated the old relationship of my spouse. That questions refer to EEA national not you. I wrote an explanation letter to explain that. There was one another thing that was european registration certificate number. We put the passport number as it is not required but it is mandatory in online form. i explained everything in separate letter and i got FP in 2 weeks from islamabad.
hope you will also get it soon.

I am applying this visa and I really have doubt about the eea national registration certificate number. Is mandatory in the online application, so my husband did the application to grt the numbee today, and they said to him that he will have it only in 6 month, but doesn't have sense we wait all this time for a number. Can I fill up this with his passport number, when I finish will they accept my application? I can explain it I a letter, also in the informations section.
please, someone help me with this, I am really worried!

Thaaanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:34 am

Try to type "n/a" in the box. It is not necessary that EEA nationals apply for EEA1 (Reg. Cert.) therefore it cannot be mandatory that you fill it in on the form. Try this?

I hope someone else provides their experience soon but don't worry. This is definitely not a big deal. You should be more concerned with his employment proofs/residence info etc.

leticiabtav
Newly Registered

Post by leticiabtav » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:58 pm

Thank you! :D :D :D
I will try as you said and I will explain it in a letter. You are right, others documents are more important, but is all ready, so I think will be fine.

leticiabtav
Newly Registered

Post by leticiabtav » Fri May 09, 2014 6:50 pm

[quote="irenesalazar"][/quote]

Irene, do you know when can I start to work when I arrive in UK?

irenesalazar
Newly Registered

Post by irenesalazar » Wed May 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi Leticia, actually you can work as soon as you are back in the UK even if you don't have your Residence Card yet, the only problem is 'proving' it and that depends on the employer. Apparently, if they are not 'satisfied' with what you provide then they can just take back any offer you receive.
But you can always try showing:

Your passport (before you apply for the Residence Card)
Your marriage certificate
Your spouse's passport and ideally their own residence card or proof that they are exercising treaty rights (contract of employement for example, letter from university, or something that states they are looking for a job)

You can always argue and insist but if the HR people don't know or are too lazy to check they can always say no.

Let me know how it goes!

PS when I applied for my Family Permit, I filled my husband's Residence Card number (which he doesn't have) with his Passport Number and added that he didn't have one in a cover letter.

luk
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit questions

Post by luk » Fri May 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Please help!

My wife trying to complete the on-line application form (EEA Family Permit) she is from Dominican Republic and nothing is clear to her. Below sections and questions which she doesn't understand:
1.Passport and Travel Information
- how long you intend to stay in the UK ( indefinite or 6 months)
2.Family Details
-Spouse/partner - this section is for me or my wife?
3.EEA National - this section really confusing.
-What is your permanent residential address and contact details? my or her?
a.Relationship Details
-Is the EEA National responsible for the financial support of anyone else? - they asking if I am responsible for my wife?
-Who do you live with at the moment and what is your relationship to them?- me or my wife?
-What other family members do you have and where do they live? - my or my wife?
-Is the EEA National responsible for the financial support of anyone else?- who my wife or me?

I need to know if she needs TB test?

Please helppppppppppp

oxygrin
Newly Registered

Post by oxygrin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:20 am

irenesalazar wrote:Hello everybody! Sorry I am late with the feedback, but here it is:
I filled in everything in the form as I was going to leave the city afterwards and didn't want to return after just to give more information they had already asked for. I replied all the questions with the truth including that I plan to look for a job as soon as I am back and that my intention is to stay there to live indefinitely. Also that I only met my husband a year ago and that we married a bit more than a month before applying. I used every space to give a thorough explanation of my case as I think the application form is very generic and I think adding a cover letter is a good idea. If you have any questions regarding what I replied to specific questions feel free to ask.
- I applied on February 27th from Bogotá. Colombia. I had booked the appointment the day before but I guess that depends on each embassy. It might take longer so try planning in advance.
- On 28th February I received the following email:
Dear applicant,
The package containing your UK visa application has been opened and your supporting documents organized in preparation for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.
Please note UKBA customer service standards for all applications are: to complete 90% of visa applications (except settlement categories) in not more than three weeks, 98% in six weeks and 100% in 12 weeks.
You will receive a further e-mail advising you of the outcome of your application in line with the above targets. This e-mail will also provide you with details of you return package.
For your information the current processing times for the Bogota Hub as at 17th February 2014:
Visit visas 04 days
Settlement visas 20 days
Tier 4 Student visas 06 days
All other visa types 05 days
Priority Service applications (Excluding Settlement)48 hours
The processing time above indicate the average processing time in the Bogota hub and do not include courier times.
Please also include the following courier times:
Venezuela - 3 days
Mexico - 4 days
Ecuador - 6 days
Central America - 5 days
We regret we are unable to respond to status enquiries. Further information on our services is available at http://www.visainfoservices.com
- On 3rd March I received the following email:
Dear customer,
Your visa application has been assigned to a visa officer, who will consider your case according to UK immigration rules.
You will shortly receive an email informing you of the decision made. This email will contain information regarding when your documents will be returned or how you can collect them.
- On 4th March I received the following email:
Dear Applicant:
The answer to your visa application is ready and today 03/04/2014 will be sent to VFS Carrera 14 # 85-68 Office 407. Once they have it they will communicate how it will be delivered to you.
UKBA
Bogotá
- On 6th March I received the following email:
Dear Applicant:
The response of your visa application is ready and is can be collected from 06/03/2014 between 3:00 and 4:40 pm at VFS Carrera 14 # 85-68 Office 407.
Sincerely,
UKVI
Bogotá

That very same day I had it delivered to my home address in a different city (I had paid for the courier approximately 20 pounds).

The EEA Family Permit is valid from 05/05/14 until 11/05/14. I had already bough the ticket entering the country on 5th May (leaving Colombia on the 4th). I was a bit surprised the timing is so tight, but it will be alright.

Thank you all for your help!

Hi Irene, I am very new to this forum and not even sure how to navigate but I would really liek to ask you a few questions about the EEA Family Permit that you have recently got. I am trying to fill out the form for my husband (who is Australian and I am Latvian) and I have a few questions for you. is there a way of sending you a private message? Thank you so much in advance.

oxygrin
Newly Registered

Post by oxygrin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:08 am

facebook.user wrote:Hi what exactly questions do you want to know? i filled up application in December and i got FP
Hi Facebook.user. I am struggling with this form too. I started filling out it for my husband who is Australian. ( I am Latvian)

Basically I have a few questions and would very grateful if you could help me with answers.

1) - is it the form that can be found on visa4uk.fco.gov.uk website?
2) - once you had registered on that website, did you choose the following categories? OTHER - EEA/Swiss Family member - Family member of an EEA national?
3) did you answer these silly questions such as:
"Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years? Please enter details" really? how are you supposed to remember all the dates and countries you have travelled to in the last 10 years?
or
questions about the applicants (Non EEA citizen) father and mother? - what has that to do with applying for a visa to be with your married partner?
In the section "Spouse/Partner" - where they ask you if you about your marital status - below there are questions about NAME, SURNAME, NATIONALITY, DOB and TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. Is that about the EEA national or the applicant? if it's about the applicant - how many times do you have to write the same thing over and over??

4) the section "INCOME" and "EXPENDITURE" - did you answer all the questions in detail?
5) - "FAMILY and "FRIENDS" sections - did you really put down the names of all friends and family members that you have in the UK???
6) - in the section "PASSPORT INFORMATION" - it asks about the passport details (AGAIN) - who's passport details?? applicants? the applicant has entered it already like a 100 times :evil:
and another question about "YOUR PERMANENT ADDRESS". this is the second time the same question is being asked. and again- is it the applicants permanent address or the EEA national's?
7) - what would you put in the "ADDITIONAL INFORMATION" section?
8) - at the end of the form - di dyou just click on "SUBMIT APPLICATION" and that's it? you don't need to send any documents to prove your marriage, your income etc, do you? is it just the form online and that's it?
9) - after you completed the form, did you register on this website? http://www.ge2it.tpcontact.co.uk/

Thank you so much for your help, it is really appreciated :D

oxygrin
Newly Registered

Post by oxygrin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:41 am

Hi everyone. I am struggling with this form too. I started filling out it for my husband who is Australian. ( I am Latvian)

I want to check everything as thorough as possible and therefore I have quite a few questions juts to make sure I am doing everything right.

Basically I have a few questions and would very grateful if you could help me with answers.

1) - is it the form that can be found on visa4uk.fco.gov.uk website?
2) - once you had registered on that website, did you choose the following categories? OTHER - EEA/Swiss Family member - Family member of an EEA national?
3) did you answer these silly questions such as:
"Have you ever travelled outside your country of residence, excluding the UK, in the last 10 years? Please enter details" really? how are you supposed to remember all the dates and countries you have travelled to in the last 10 years?
or
questions about the applicants (Non EEA citizen) father and mother? - what has that to do with applying for a visa to be with your married partner?
In the section "Spouse/Partner" - where they ask you if you about your marital status - below there are questions about NAME, SURNAME, NATIONALITY, DOB and TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. Is that about the EEA national or the applicant? if it's about the applicant - how many times do you have to write the same thing over and over??

4) the section "INCOME" and "EXPENDITURE" - did you answer all the questions in detail?
5) - "FAMILY and "FRIENDS" sections - did you really put down the names of all friends and family members that you have in the UK???
6) - in the section "PASSPORT INFORMATION" - it asks about the passport details (AGAIN) - who's passport details?? applicants? the applicant has entered it already like a 100 times :evil:
and another question about "YOUR PERMANENT ADDRESS". this is the second time the same question is being asked. and again- is it the applicants permanent address or the EEA national's?
7) - what would you put in the "ADDITIONAL INFORMATION" section?
8) - at the end of the form - di dyou just click on "SUBMIT APPLICATION" and that's it? you don't need to send any documents to prove your marriage, your income etc, do you? is it just the form online and that's it?
9) - after you completed the form, did you register on this website? http://www.ge2it.tpcontact.co.uk/

Thank you so much for your help, it is really appreciated :D