ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EMPLOYER LETTER - TIER 1 to ILR .. Please Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fabercastel

EMPLOYER LETTER - TIER 1 to ILR .. Please Help

Post by fabercastel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Hello, I apologize if this has been asked earlier but i did tried searching in this forum but i couldn't find a relevant one.

To summarize my case:I am on a tier 1 general and will be applying for ILR shortly. One of the requirement is employer letter, not sure if its just for Tier 2 people or applicable for TIER 1 as well. The reason it asks for the SOC code, reason to mention why the pay is higher. A junior experience level code is mentioned in SOC document but i am on a experienced level but even then the salary level which they have mentioned is way less. My employer is willing to provide a letter to the below format. Please could you say me if this will be acceptable or if anything extra needs including please could you let me know. the absence letter will be a different letter to the below, this is just for salary details from my HR dept. Thanks very much for your time in providing me a reply

- Currently employed in our firm X and required to continue working as Sr.engineer
- Currently on a Tier 1 (General) Visa valid until 01/04/2014
- Start of employment:
- Annual Salary:
- Job Title:
- NEAREST SOC code:

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: EMPLOYER LETTER - TIER 1 to ILR .. Please Help

Post by ScopeD » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:32 pm

fabercastel wrote:Hello, I apologize if this has been asked earlier but i did tried searching in this forum but i couldn't find a relevant one.

To summarize my case:I am on a tier 1 general and will be applying for ILR shortly. One of the requirement is employer letter, not sure if its just for Tier 2 people or applicable for TIER 1 as well. The reason it asks for the SOC code, reason to mention why the pay is higher. A junior experience level code is mentioned in SOC document but i am on a experienced level but even then the salary level which they have mentioned is way less. My employer is willing to provide a letter to the below format. Please could you say me if this will be acceptable or if anything extra needs including please could you let me know. the absence letter will be a different letter to the below, this is just for salary details from my HR dept. Thanks very much for your time in providing me a reply

- Currently employed in our firm X and required to continue working as Sr.engineer
- Currently on a Tier 1 (General) Visa valid until 01/04/2014
- Start of employment:
- Annual Salary:
- Job Title:
- NEAREST SOC code:
The relevant part in Section 5 says "You must complete ALL four of the boxes below if you are applying as a Work Permit Holder; a Tier 2 (General) or a Tier 2
(Intra Company Transfer) Migrant
– (Your employer will be able to provide you with these details)"
but I don't see the relevance to you if you are on currently on a Tier 1 (General) visa. For Tier 1, you will need two sources of evidence to support your earnings claim; (1)payslips for the last 12 months
(2)bank statements

fabercastel

Post by fabercastel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi, Thanks for your answer. This is where I was confused. It just says work permit holder and I guessed Tier 1 comes under work permit holder, it is a work permit isn't it, or is there a separate category called work-permit.

I have already got the bank statements, payslips, even a letter for my paid annual holidays outside UK (business + compelling reason etc), just this bit I ain't sure. So could you confirm me the above that Tier 1 doesn't come under work permit holder and TIER 1 candidates are not required to mention the SOC code (the 5 boxes of Pg.11 of set O form, 12/2013 version) etc in section 5 of the form

Thank you

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:00 pm

fabercastel wrote:Hi, Thanks for your answer. This is where I was confused. It just says work permit holder and I guessed Tier 1 comes under work permit holder, it is a work permit isn't it, or is there a separate category called work-permit.

I have already got the bank statements, payslips, even a letter for my paid annual holidays outside UK (business + compelling reason etc), just this bit I ain't sure. So could you confirm me the above that Tier 1 doesn't come under work permit holder and TIER 1 candidates are not required to mention the SOC code (the 5 boxes of Pg.11 of set O form, 12/2013 version) etc in section 5 of the form

Thank you
Tier 1 (General) is not a Work Permit. That is why the form refers to Tier 1 (General), Work Permits or Tier 2 in the relevant sections. These are different schemes with different requirements. Also, in the last extension or in the initial application, this information for SOC wasn't asked because it doesn't apply to Tier 1 (General).

fabercastel

Post by fabercastel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:01 pm

Thank you very much for your information and time