ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nikah Nama Requirement - Spouse Visa UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hamzah
Newly Registered

Nikah Nama Requirement - Spouse Visa UK

Post by Hamzah » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Im wondering if anyone can help from their experience or knowledge.

I had my Nikah recently in June and at the moment gathering all the supporting documents to apply very soon. I wanted to gain a bit of clarification around the nikah nama requirements. At the time of my nikah the nikah nama was produced in Urdu and English and both were filled in, signed and stamped by the registrar.

The stamp is round and on the border it reads 'The seal of the nikah registrar' in English but in the middle it reads 'union council 128 lahore' in Urdu...is this acceptable as the union council bit is in urdu even on the English nikah nama? I also have the computerised Marriage Registration Certificate from Govt of punjab and signed by Union Council Member (although not stamped) in Urdu (as in the sign-off bit is in Urdu)

So do you think this could be a problem as there is no mention of Union Council in English on any of these documents or the fact that I have been issued a Marriage Registration Certificate is enough evidence that our Nikah is registered with the Union Council?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:41 pm

You will be fine with this. Don't worry. It is the correct NN. You will need an English translation of it..... that one does not need to be signed or sealed by the UC

Hamzah
Newly Registered

Post by Hamzah » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:44 pm

batleykhan wrote:You will be fine with this. Don't worry. It is the correct NN. You will need an English translation of it..... that one does not need to be signed or sealed by the UC
Thanks for your response.
Will i need to get an english translation done even though I had an English nikah nama done at the same time as the Urdu one at the nikah ceremony? I thought that wasnt the case.
However the English nikah nama has the same Urdu union
Council stamp

Hussain20
Newly Registered

Re: Nikah Nama Requirement - Spouse Visa UK

Post by Hussain20 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:28 pm

Hamzah wrote:
batleykhan wrote:You will be fine with this. Don't worry. It is the correct NN. You will need an English translation of it..... that one does not need to be signed or sealed by the UC

Thanks for your response.

Will i need to get an english translation done even though I had an English nikah nama done at the same time as the Urdu one at the nikah ceremony? I thought that wasnt the case.

However the English nikah nama has the same Urdu union

Council stamp

Hello did you get your nikah nama translated?

maria20110

Post by maria20110 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:56 am

Hi,
You don not need any translations since your nikah nama was already filled in English thats fine! I used mine the same way and its perfectly acceptable.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:36 pm

Hamzah,

You will be fine. Those documents are what the ECO will accept. You have evidence of a legal marriage.