ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kashmirimalik
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by kashmirimalik » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:07 am

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, I have been told that this is very helpful site where a lot of information is shared and discussed.
I sent following email to UKBA but unfortunately got automatic reply with loads of guidance notes.
Dear Sir / Madam
I applied for ILR on the basis of long residency 10 years legally on 07/09/213.I have a motoring offence on 08/02/2012 which was decided in the court. I disclosed this offence in the application. My application for ILR was refused on 27/01/14. The following decision was made:
"It is considered that you have, within the 24 months prior to the date on which the application is decided, been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a non-custodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record. Consequently your application has been refused under paragraph 322 (1C).
As noted above, your application has been refused under Paragraph 322 (1C), consequently it is considered that your application does fall for refusal. Therefore you do not meet the requirements of 276 B (iii).
However, it has also been considered that you have met the requirements of the Paragraph 276 B (i) and (v), it is appropriate to grant you leave to remain for 24 months under the paragraph 276 A2 of the immigration rules."
Now I would like to know that what will be the next option for me?
Can I apply for ILR again after the completion of 24 months of the offence?
Do I have to wait for two year, once the the exiting leave to remain expire, then I will be able to apply for ILR?
Can I use premium service to apply for ILR?
Do I need English test, even I have Masters Degree here in UK?
Could you please explain these in detail.
I will be grateful for your kind reply.

Regards
Can someone help me in this matter please, looking forward.
Thanks
Regards
Malik

LetsGetPR
Newly Registered

Post by LetsGetPR » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 am

To Spatacus,

Thank you for your advise.

one more question. I went to Europe in Aug 2007 by coach. My passport is not stamped on arrival. but it is stamped on way back by UKBA.

is it going to be problem on my application ?

Thanks

bcyoung
Newly Registered

Post by bcyoung » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:13 am

Hi,

You can probably make the bookings, but at least at Croydon PEO they will not process the SET(M) application until you have received your BRP for FLR(M). In my case one of the senior managers came over to discuss it, and their new policy is that they will not start processing an application while you have are waiting for a BRP to be issued.

Best wishes and good luck.
Ahmed786786 wrote:Thanks for your reply.
Is it possible to book two appointments on the same day one for FLR(M) and one for SET(M) for the same applicant such as ILR can be taken on the same day?

Secondly please also suggest for the following:

Bacause of our son its difficult for her to do a English language test to meet the language requirement therefore we want to meet this requirement by her pakistani B.com and M.com degree as the M.com degree is equivalent to Uk bachelor degree so planning to apply statement of campareability from UK NARIC but worried about how to prove that the degree was taught and researched in English as Pakistan is not a majority English speaking country.please help me in this regard and if possible provide a sample letter that is required from Pakisatn university containing all the necessary information for home office purpose.Also English language requirement are the same for FLR(M) and SET(M) application?

Kind regards,

SSWSZ wrote:U have enough time so just apply for your ILR in August 28 days before 10 year completion .when you get the ILR then apply for your wife flr in peo and then set(m) peo so u will get the decision same day .as you wife is here befor July 2012 so she is under old rule. I myself try direct set(m) in Croydon but luck is not with even me I got indefinite but I have to pay both fees flr and set(m) in peo same day.someone update here that Croydon office stop doing this .
For your uk born child just apply for his/her registration through mn1 form and you will get British passport for your child after registration .i am not suggesting ,this is personnel experience and we do the same for ourself.
Hope this helps

Ahmed786786 wrote:Dear Senior Repected Members only,

First of all accept my appology if I am posting in the wrong section.
I need advice regarding me and my wife and my newborn.
I know its too early but i want to prepare what I need to do.

My situation is as follows
Currently Tier 2 and my salary is £20,000 and visa until June 2015 and 10 year completes on Sep 2014.
Wife came as post study dependent on Feb 2012 and switch to tier 2 dependent before 9 July 2012 and visa until June 2015.
Son born in the Uk on July 2013 and not applied for any visa yet.But got home country passport for him.

My Question is what is the best and quickest way we all can get settlement here in the UK?

Secondly whether my wife can apply ILR without switching to FLR(M)?

Bacause of our son its difficult for her to do a English language test to meet the language requirement therefore we want to meet this requirement by her pakistani B.com and M.com degree as the M.com degree is equivalent to Uk bachelor degree so planning to apply statement of campareability from UK NARIC but worried about how to prove that the degree was taught and researched in English as Pakistan is not a majority English speaking country.please help me in this regard also.

we will be very thankful to you.

Kind regards,
Mr & Mrs Ahmed

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:23 am

Thank you, Spatacus.
Spatacus wrote: Hello M2013,
the earliest you can apply for your 10-years ILR is 28-days before the month you will complete 10-years
your 10-years starts from 17th of April 2005.
hope this helps.

Ahmed786786
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed786786 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:32 am

Dear Members,
Thanks again for your help.A lot of confusions have been resolved except the one as follows:

u]ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT[/u]

Bacause of our son its difficult for her to do a English language test to meet the language requirement therefore we want to meet this requirement by her Pakistani B.com and M.com degree as the M.com degree is equivalent to UK bachelor degree so planning to apply statement of comparability from UK NARIC but worried about how to prove that the degree was taught and researched in English as Pakistan is not a majority English speaking country.

please help me in this regard and if possible provide a sample letter that is required from Pakistan university containing all the necessary information for home office purpose.

Are the English language requirement are the same for FLR(M) and SET(M) application?
Kind regards

Ahmed786786 wrote:Dear Senior Repected Members only,

First of all accept my appology if I am posting in the wrong section.
I need advice regarding me and my wife and my newborn.
I know its too early but i want to prepare what I need to do.

My situation is as follows
Currently Tier 2 and my salary is £20,000 and visa until June 2015 and 10 year completes on Sep 2014.
Wife came as post study dependent on Feb 2012 and switch to tier 2 dependent before 9 July 2012 and visa until June 2015.
Son born in the Uk on July 2013 and not applied for any visa yet.But got home country passport for him.

My Question is what is the best and quickest way we all can get settlement here in the UK?

Secondly whether my wife can apply ILR without switching to FLR(M)?

Bacause of our son its difficult for her to do a English language test to meet the language requirement therefore we want to meet this requirement by her pakistani B.com and M.com degree as the M.com degree is equivalent to Uk bachelor degree so planning to apply statement of campareability from UK NARIC but worried about how to prove that the degree was taught and researched in English as Pakistan is not a majority English speaking country.please help me in this regard also.

we will be very thankful to you.

Kind regards,
Mr & Mrs Ahmed
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:57 am

Quick question relating to Motoring offence.

I came in uk in 2004, and had IN10 (Using a vehicle uninsured against third party risks) OR LC20 (Driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence) handed to me in 2005, with 3 points and £60 fine, which i have cleared off my licence. about 4 years ago.

also i had my Basic CRB done back in 2011 by my employer and i have been given a copy, in which it clearly suggests there are NO convictions or Cautions on my name.

Please suggest - do i still need to disclose this on my ILR application - i have already sent it in January - pending Bio, but i realised I have not mentioend about this at all.

Many Thanks.

Jah_bless
Newly Registered

Post by Jah_bless » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:00 am

kashmirimalik wrote:Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, I have been told that this is very helpful site where a lot of information is shared and discussed.
I sent following email to UKBA but unfortunately got automatic reply with loads of guidance notes.
Dear Sir / Madam
I applied for ILR on the basis of long residency 10 years legally on 07/09/213.I have a motoring offence on 08/02/2012 which was decided in the court. I disclosed this offence in the application. My application for ILR was refused on 27/01/14. The following decision was made:
"It is considered that you have, within the 24 months prior to the date on which the application is decided, been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a non-custodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record. Consequently your application has been refused under paragraph 322 (1C).
As noted above, your application has been refused under Paragraph 322 (1C), consequently it is considered that your application does fall for refusal. Therefore you do not meet the requirements of 276 B (iii).
However, it has also been considered that you have met the requirements of the Paragraph 276 B (i) and (v), it is appropriate to grant you leave to remain for 24 months under the paragraph 276 A2 of the immigration rules."
Do I have to wait for two year, once the the exiting leave to remain expire, then I will be able to apply for ILR?

Regards
Thanks
Regards
Malik
Sorry to hear about your refusal. What was the nature of your offence? Was it FPN with 3point license and a fine or was is something else? Please highlight more on your case so that you can get the necessary help from senior members.

Anyway still waiting......esmi hope u ok?

kashmirimalik
Newly Registered

Post by kashmirimalik » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:13 am

Jah_bless wrote:
kashmirimalik wrote:Hi everyone,
Dear Sir / Madam

Regards
Thanks
Regards
Malik
Sorry to hear about your refusal. What was the nature of your offence? Was it FPN with 3point license and a fine or was is something else? Please highlight more on your case so that you can get the necessary help from senior members.

Anyway still waiting......esmi hope u ok?
There were 7 Penalty points and £400 fine.

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:55 am

I called home office today at 11:30 I asked her regarding my outcome as I expedite my case due to health issues yesterday case worker rang me to request me to again sent me fax as he didn't got my post so I did fax yesterday 15:40 today when I call she says your application has been processed and she gave me tracking number. Finger crossed

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:24 pm

LetsGetPR wrote:To Spatacus,

Thank you for your advise.

one more question. I went to Europe in Aug 2007 by coach. My passport is not stamped on arrival. but it is stamped on way back by UKBA.

is it going to be problem on my application ?

Thanks

Same thing happened with me & i got my ilr in december within 4 months.

Arif.

amararach
Newly Registered

Post by amararach » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi,
I got my ILR today. I have been a silent reader and would like to share my timeline here.

Application posted: 17-09-13
Fees deducted(credit card): 19-09-13
Acknowledgement letter received: 20-09-13
Biometrics letter received:07-10-13
Biometrics enrolled: 14-10-13
Approval letter received: 11-02-14
BRP received: waiting

Date on Approval letter: 07-02-14
Total duration from application date: 4 months and 24 days.

Documents Sent-
Pasport x 2
Life in uk
BRP card

I cant say how wonderful this forum is..Best of luck to all.

Many thanks

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi I spoke to HO today about the progress of my application lodged on 20th September, the officer said he wont be able to ensure me the progress since the HO guideline is 6 month. Can anyone please tell me if there is an email address that I can write to senior case worker to request for quick progress on my case. or address details I should write to for SET (LR) application. Its because I need to make business trips because of the nature of my job.

Thank you

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Good news for October applicants today my friend got ILR applied first week of October
ss

Psalm
Newly Registered

Post by Psalm » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:05 pm

SSWSZ wrote:Good news for October applicants today my friend got ILR applied first week of October
@SSWSZ on what date did he apply?

riz78
Newly Registered

Post by riz78 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:15 pm

khizarm wrote:I called home office today at 11:30 I asked her regarding my outcome as I expedite my case due to health issues yesterday case worker rang me to request me to again sent me fax as he didn't got my post so I did fax yesterday 15:40 today when I call she says your application has been processed and she gave me tracking number. Finger crossed
Hi khizarm , on which no did u ring to get update ?

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 pm

riz78 wrote:
khizarm wrote:I called home office today at 11:30 I asked her regarding my outcome as I expedite my case due to health issues yesterday case worker rang me to request me to again sent me fax as he didn't got my post so I did fax yesterday 15:40 today when I call she says your application has been processed and she gave me tracking number. Finger crossed
0151 672 5626 option 1 then option 2 its EEU NUMBER but they will tell you ur status :)

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Spatacus wrote:
itsarif wrote:Hi everyone,

I received ILR on 31 december on the basis of 1o years, I was on student visa.
Now i need to apply for my wife visa, she is my dependent since april 2011.Her visa is going to expire on 11th of april.
Do i have to show the income of 18600?
What about maintenance. do i have to show maitenance? how much?
if yes, How can i show in 3 months. is there any alternative?

Arif
Hello itsarif,
since your wife has been your dependent right from April 2011, you can apply for her using form FLR(M) and then SET(M). you do not need to show £18,600 income as your wife is being binded by the old rule. Yes you can show proof of maintenance with 3-months payslips and 3-months corresponding bank statements.
hope this helps

Thank you very much for you help.

is there any minimum maintenance requirements?

Arif

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi

I just had a word with HO regarding the progress of my application (applied on 23rd Sep). They said that a letter is being sent out today to me. He didn't tell me if the case is in progress or complete neither he had any information about content of that letter. Has anyone got any idea?? what could it be??

Regards
MSV

riz78
Newly Registered

Post by riz78 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:16 pm

khizarm wrote:
riz78 wrote:
0151 672 5626 option 1 then option 2 its EEU NUMBER but they will tell you ur status :)

I just called them, they said the decisions has not been yet on ur application its still in process... :roll: keep waiting..

riz78
Newly Registered

Post by riz78 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:21 pm

msvayani wrote:Hi

I just had a word with HO regarding the progress of my application (applied on 23rd Sep). They said that a letter is being sent out today to me. He didn't tell me if the case is in progress or complete neither he had any information about content of that letter. Has anyone got any idea?? what could it be??

Regards
MSV

Hi msvayani just would like to know which no did ring the HO regarding ur application?

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:24 pm

riz78 wrote:
msvayani wrote:Hi

Regards
MSV

Hi msvayani just would like to know which no did ring the HO regarding ur application?
normal 0870 one

which number you used. I tried to used 015 but it didn't work for me. Any idea???

amararach
Newly Registered

Post by amararach » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:08 pm

amararach wrote:Hi,
I got my ILR today. I have been a silent reader and would like to share my timeline here.

Application posted: 17-09-13
Fees deducted(credit card): 19-09-13
Acknowledgement letter received: 20-09-13
Biometrics letter received:07-10-13
Biometrics enrolled: 14-10-13
Approval letter received: 11-02-14
BRP received: waiting

Date on Approval letter: 07-02-14
Total duration from application date: 4 months and 24 days.

Documents Sent-
Pasport x 2
Life in uk
BRP card

I cant say how wonderful this forum is..Best of luck to all.

Many thanks
?
Could you please update the skydrive ?

mhkhan66
Newly Registered

Post by mhkhan66 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:41 pm

This number is very useful i called them and they told me decison on my case has been made you will recieve the letter in week time.

This forum and ppl here are very helpful. Best of luck guys (y)

nadeemiqbal

Post by nadeemiqbal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Hi

Has anyone know the time taken by the case worker once the case has been assigned?

I have been told today that my case has been looked at at the moment. Any guesses are welcome about processing by caseworker !!!!

Thanks

Nadeem

LetsGetPR
Newly Registered

Post by LetsGetPR » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for PR in December 2014.

I got Life in UK test certificate in March 2013.

will this certificate be ok to apply for ILR OR Do i have to take life in the UK exam again ?

Thanks