ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:14 pm

To Sameena

I hate to say this but in the letter it does state not to send documents that are dated after the application. Thats where you went wrong i think. I dont know why they would ask for documents if you already submitted them, just doesnt make sense and the letters they sent out are just complicated to understand with the posh english language they use, i mean cant they just use plain formal english.

To Saf

I dont know what they are doing with your application, surely it cant take that long to process an application. In a way thats good they havent sent you letter, this means your application is not on hold yet therefore they havent found a reason to refuse you yet. Insha Allah you'll hear soon with visa granted.
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:13 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To Sameena

I hate to say this but in the letter it does state not to send documents that are dated after the application. Thats where you went wrong i think. I dont know why they would ask for documents if you already submitted them, just doesnt make sense and the letters they sent out are just complicated to understand with the posh english language they use, i mean cant they just use plain formal english.

To Saf

I dont know what they are doing with your application, surely it cant take that long to process an application. In a way thats good they havent sent you letter, this means your application is not on hold yet therefore they havent found a reason to refuse you yet. Insha Allah you'll hear soon with visa granted.
I totally agree with you, the letter they sent didn't even make sense, it was so hard to.understand.

If that's where i went wrong then it kind of makes sense, but why couldn't they work out from 14 weeks how much i earnt for the whole year!

Arghhh this whole situation is so frustrating :(

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 pm

To Sameena

Because they cant be bothered to do there jobs properly and they want to delay our applications as much as possible.

May Allah give you, me and everyone waiting patience during this difficult time. Our time will come soon, probably when we least expect it.

Sameena, i was just thinking if you send more documents dated before application, if any you missed out and explain to them that you misunderstood the letter in kind words, they probably give you another chance. I know they state that they wont, but worth a try. You have nothing to lose, while you wait.
Last edited by ALWAYSHOPE on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Sameena,

It's not their job to work out anything. You are the applicant/sponsor and it's your job to prove the financial situation.

I can understand why they reject VISAs and a part of me is glad that they are getting harsher in their decisions.

About 12 months ago, it was common knowledge that they wanted 6 months worth of financial statements. They were rejecting people purely because they felt those 3 months were not strong enough evidence for the full 12 months.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:38 pm

Lala84 wrote:In India, average processing time is 55 days. Everything being processed much faster - even if applicants are on hold!

It's official, they are only making us Pakistani's suffer.
If you don't like the application process, why didn't you marry someone in the UK?

You knew the application process when you got married and the potential trauma involved, so why whinge about it now?

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:39 pm

To King2be

I remember your application was refused in the past. Did you win appeal or did you submit new application. Just wondering, i wasnt a member on this forum then, but was following the forum at that time.

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:54 pm

king2be98 wrote:
Lala84 wrote:In India, average processing time is 55 days. Everything being processed much faster - even if applicants are on hold!

If you don't like the application process, why didn't you marry someone in the UK?

You knew the application process when you got married and the potential trauma involved, so why whinge about it now?

king2be98,

I wouldn't describe it as a "whinge." I'd say she was perfectly entitled to air her frustrations particularly as it relates to the forum. Lala84 isn't talking about the world at large is she?

You don't appear as though you have anything constructive to say apart from to "whinge" yourself at other people's posts.....have some decency you troll

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Lol!!!!! Told!!!

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:21 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To King2be

I remember your application was refused in the past. Did you win appeal or did you submit new application. Just wondering, i wasnt a member on this forum then, but was following the forum at that time.
My application which was almost identical to my brothers and was rejected, but my brother and his wife's was accepted. I appealed and it was overturned before the deadline because I stated how inept they were. It didn't go to court because they knew the judge would laugh at them.

It does show that the ECOs are inconsistent and probably have targets to meet. You can trawl through my previous posts, despite an incorrect decision being made and then later being overturned by them, I don't hold a grudge.

Shit happens, you move on.
Last edited by king2be98 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:25 pm

newbie1213 wrote:I wouldn't describe it as a "whinge." I'd say she was perfectly entitled to air her frustrations particularly as it relates to the forum. Lala84 isn't talking about the world at large is she?

You don't appear as though you have anything constructive to say apart from to "whinge" yourself at other people's posts.....have some decency you troll
Read the title of the thread, it clearly states "Timeline Only" but people come in here and start their sob stories and start rambling on about their difficulties and how it's unfair etc etc.

I'm no troll, I've helped more people than most of the people who comment in this thread combined.

But what I don't want to do, is help people who don't help themselves.

Showing impatience gets you nowhere. Show sabr, understand the predicament you find yourself in and things do get easier.

Please check out this thread:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 06101.html

It provides so so much information, a document that I produced. So think again about calling me a troll.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:27 pm

Members are reminded to treat each other with respect.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Sameena akhtar wrote:The documents i have were dated after i had given in my application. So i gave my husbands application in April and gave the extra evidence dated after April. I didn't see the point of giving in the same evidence..
I haven't read up on the current legislation, but somewhere in one of their articles which are available on the UKBA site, there is a section which covers what they deem to be new evidence and what is supporting evidence.

Supporting evidence will be fine. New evidence is a no-no, even for appeals, as they consider this as invalid information, it was created after the timeof the application.

Pay slips and bank statements that were issued before application submission, even if they were 6 months before would never be considered new evidence.

Lala84
Newly Registered

Post by Lala84 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:15 pm

king2be98 wrote:

Salam brother, maybe I should introduce you to this quote
"Marriages are made in heaven and celebrated on Earth"

No one knows who they will marry and where they will come from.

Please show sympathy brother, we've been stuck in the application process for more than one year. It might be easy for you to say as you've been granted a Visa, but try and be respectful for those of us that are still waiting, counting each working day, checking statuses every hour etc.

RONZ

Post by RONZ » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:26 pm

king2be98

I second what Lala said above, You cannot predict unless you put yourself in our shoes. It's horrible to be in this situation.
UKBA has been inconsistent and ridiculously slow in providing feedback to most of applicants currently waiting and people have their reservations, You are not any clever then them these applicants are unfortunate that they have been caught in this dirty waiting game.

king2be98 wrote:
Sameena akhtar wrote:The documents i have were dated after i had given in my application. So i gave my husbands application in April and gave the extra evidence dated after April. I didn't see the point of giving in the same evidence..
I haven't read up on the current legislation, but somewhere in one of their articles which are available on the UKBA site, there is a section which covers what they deem to be new evidence and what is supporting evidence.

Supporting evidence will be fine. New evidence is a no-no, even for appeals, as they consider this as invalid information, it was created after the timeof the application.

Pay slips and bank statements that were issued before application submission, even if they were 6 months before would never be considered new evidence.
Applied on : 16\12\2013
forward to ISL OC : 17\12\2013
Visa granted : 21\05\2014

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Everyone has a choice to marry whoever they want. There is no law which states, should you be a national of a country, you can only marry someone who is a national of that country. There is an act called the 'Human rights act.'

Unfortunately, I am rather upset that this minimum requirement rule came into play. What I don't understand is everyone who has brought their spouse over on the old rules has had no problem with living? Yet, we must show we earn £18,600 just to support a spouse?

If they require £18,600 from people that live outside of Europe, for their sponsors to earn, then they should hurry up in their own back-yards with all this flooding that's been going on. They can ask for regulations to be met, but can't do much to help their own people. Double standards are usual given with any countries government.

Truth be told, it's the many cases of coming into this country and using marriage as an excuse to gain nationality. I don't blame them for implementing this rule as to earn £18,600 is quite difficult unless you are given a job that lets you earn that. It's a migration 'tightening' excuse.

Let's face it, getting a decent paid job in this country is rather difficult, even for graduates. Considering the latest news that one of the national banks is cutting 12k jobs.

I do think it's a breach of human rights as they're simply enforcing you to earn the given amount to bring a spouse over; you don't earn, you can't call them over to be with you. 'Tough'.

Again what about all those who came when there wasn't this rule? Why didn't they implement these rules when people were abusing the immigration system?

If anything and with the 'recession' and 'job cuts', they should allow you to earn less and approve a visa. Those who claim carers allowance are exempt? They just need to earn a small amount after their allowance as far as I'm aware. Well, if that's a easy way out then why doesn't everyone become a carer? Since part time jobs are available most of the time. Am I wrong?

All I can say is there is no 'proper' shortcut when making an application, we must adhere to all the regulations/rules. It's crystal clear there isn't any leniency.

A sad case as It's been over 3 months for our application, yet it's still under process. End of the day, if you don't meet the requirements and they know this straight away after reviewing the applicants case, then e-mail/phone explain, and the sponsor can provide the evidential requirement. Leaving people in the lurch does not help them, but helps the 'immigration targets.'

It's normal for humans to get impatient especially when you're waiting for a loved one to be with you. Know that you meet the rules, get a decent nights sleep. If you know that you've cut a corner then let's face it, they'll know it too. I have doubts about our application and I am prepared to apply again.

newbie1213

Post by newbie1213 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:16 pm

As some people have pointed out they've been waiting more than almost a year (or around a year) in a few situations. I think that's showing more "sabr" than people can reasonably be expected to show especially when, in a lot of cases, there's not much clarity or consistency shown by the BHC.

I too have been waiting almost 30 weeks which is way above the 12-24 prescribed period in which we're told 100% of all applications are resolved - in addition I've not been put on hold or asked for further docs and have just been waiting patiently. I could understand it if your remarks were aimed at those people who constantly bombard the BHC with emails when their case may not have even reached 12 weeks but not those people who have been waiting much, much longer.

As for your remarkable observations powers re. the topic of "Timeline only," it's pretty staggering that you can spot that but not yet spot that all lala84 was doing was to indeed compare the general processing timeframes between Pakistan & India. I would say that comes under the same subject broadly speaking.

Regardless of what she did or didn't say however it's not really for you to say that it's a "whinge." I'm pretty sure you could have made your point in a different way if you found it irritating - doesn't say a lot about you as a person sadly.

And just finally, nobody should expect to be treated differently just because they married a Pakistani national as opposed to marrying any other national of a non-EU country. There needs to be a lot more efficiency in the process I think and a lot of others agree - especially when you compare the processing times to countries such as India, Malaysia and even Nigeria.

It's not unreasonable to say that Pakistanis have a different way of doing things. I'm also pretty sure a lot of people on here couldn't see into the future when they first undertook this visa process to understand how long-winded the BHC in Pakistan have made it.

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Told again lol lol !!!!!

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Is the embassy in Abu Dhabi or Islamabad where the applications go to?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:26 pm

prayforus wrote:Is the embassy in Abu Dhabi or Islamabad where the applications go to?
It goes to both, occassionally it's been to Croydon as well, but in recent times it's been mainly Abu Dhabi and Islamabad.

You will only really find out where it's gone from the VISA in the section "Place of Issue" which in my wife's case is Abu Dhabi.

They do a very good job at hiding which office is handling the application so people don't keep bugging them.

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:31 pm

king2be98 wrote:

I was reassured by an immigration specialist that i needed to give in new documents, as to.not repeat myself, but to to show that my employment was still on going.

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:40 pm

To Sameena

Your solicitor has not given you good advice. You should have sent a letter saying that you have already submitted the documents and if you had missed any out, should have explained reasons why.

You should definately not use that solicitor again. Sameena i really hope things work out for you. I feel for you because i also suffered from the hands of BHC.

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:46 pm

To King2be

Thats good you didnt have to go to hearing for a mistake they made. You was lucky to avoid the appeal process.

I agree that we all should be patient, but for the price we paid to get our applications looked at they should atleast update about whats happening with our applications.

Despite that i do think most applicants are in the wrong by emailing them quite often because of this our applications gets delayed.

Naila

Post by Naila » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:30 am

To syed shah
Slam brov eni news on ur case yet

Hope12
Newly Registered

Post by Hope12 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:20 am

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:18 am

[quote="ALWAYSHOPE"]To Sameena

Your solicitor has not given you good advice. You should have sent a letter saying that you have already submitted the documents and if you had missed any out, should have explained reasons why.

To Sameena,

King2be is right, when the new rule came into implementation it was clear that 6 months bank statements and 6 months payslips were required, still you only sent 14 and kept hoping it will be fine. It turned out it wasn't fine and you ended up sending more evidence post your application date whereas one would say BHC might have been interested in seeing evidence pre application date (6 months upto application date). But again, it makes sense to send fresh evidence relating to your current situation which you were advised by the solicitors and you did so. Who knows what is right or wrong, in your case not even the solicitor.

King2be

To some extent I do agree with you on the fact that knowing BHC has strict rules we still end up making a mistake in our application and blame BHC for taking too long and when we are asked for additional documents we get shocked why we. If all our documents are fine, meet the requirements and we don't chase BHC than this could make the process quicker for us all but no we are impatient and end up bombarding BHC with emails.
You are right this forum is for timeline and to help people understand the process, but you could have said that in a nice manner.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all