ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR -- 26 days shortfall completing 5 Yrs - Tier1 within UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ushafiq
Newly Registered

ILR -- 26 days shortfall completing 5 Yrs - Tier1 within UK

Post by ushafiq » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:05 pm

I am new to this site my question is regarding ILR eligibility and PEO appointment.

I have been in UK Since september 2005 and below is brief history about my residence period.

Entered UK as student -- Sep 2005
Applied for Fresh Talent Working in Scotland -- April 2007
Applied for Tier 1 General -- February 2009
Tier 1 rejected , reason given was " unable to verify my masters degree in UK", Appealed and got Tier 1 granted

Tier 1 general -- 24th July 2009
Tier 1 extension -- 28th June 2012 ( within 28days before expiry of first grant 24th July 2012)
Tier 1 Valid Until -- 28th June 2014 ( 26 days shortage to complete 5 yrs continuous residency)

I have seen many other posts , most of which deal with people who have applied from outside UK and who fall under 90 days concession,

since i was already in UK , am i eligible to apply for ILR with 26days shortage ? and within 28days from 5 yrs anniversary date.

and any advise whether to go for in person by PEO appointment or to send the documents through post ( reason for this i my job is dependent on right to work and my employer has already emailed a reminder about my visa validity ) .

Would really appreciate some guidance.

Regards

vinny

Re: ILR -- 26 days shortfall completing 5 Yrs - Tier1 within

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:13 pm

You may apply for ILR between 26 June 2014 and 27 June 2014.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mrehanashraf

Post by mrehanashraf » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:06 pm

Go for PEO Service as Postal Application will take long time.

ushafiq
Newly Registered

Post by ushafiq » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:43 pm

Thanks vinny and rehan for the reply.

My Major concern is if they reject stating my tier 1 doesn't cover full 5 years , also since i get only two days window to apply , my worries are what happens if they raise the above concern and reject my application, i will lose the fees and also would lose the right to appeal since it will be under valid window before my visa expires on 28th of june. Also, if i then have to go for tier1 the next day, i will have to pay the full fees.

Hence, very concerned . would appreciate if you know any such other cases which have been successful.

Regards

ushafiq
Newly Registered

Post by ushafiq » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Any Senior members or gurus please can you some shed light in this situation.

Regards

rk_simh
Newly Registered

Post by rk_simh » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:35 pm

As far as i know, your 5 year stay would complete on 23 July 2014.
You may need to apply for 3rd Extension for the shortfall.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:54 pm

ushafiq wrote:Thanks vinny and rehan for the reply.

My Major concern is if they reject stating my tier 1 doesn't cover full 5 years , also since i get only two days window to apply , my worries are what happens if they raise the above concern and reject my application, i will lose the fees and also would lose the right to appeal since it will be under valid window before my visa expires on 28th of june. Also, if i then have to go for tier1 the next day, i will have to pay the full fees.

Hence, very concerned . would appreciate if you know any such other cases which have been successful.

Regards
Don't worry.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.