ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would getting an Shared home Ownership affects my ILR ?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meetravi

Would getting an Shared home Ownership affects my ILR ?

Post by meetravi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:49 pm

I am a Tier 1 Visa holder with 3 years visa remaining. I am planning to apply ILR around Dec 2015 ? I am currently renting a flat which is quiet new. The builder is offering a shared ownership scheme of buying it with just 5 % deposit. Apparently the builder will own 25% of the flat and I would be owning the 75% of the flat. 5 years Interest Free for the deposit builder has put for me. Its a private builder like Barrats for your info.

Not only my current resident builder lot many other private builder as well providing similar sort of shared ownership offers for Tier 1 holders.

I had a keen read on the following document and could not find any details regarding the exact details about shared ownership.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

I have also googled regarding this and got only few responses and it was not satisfactory . It had some mixed reviews on it and was not quiet clear.

Would that be considered as public funds ? And would it affect my ILR chances ? I do not want to take any attempts in price of my ILR.

Seniors please throw a lime light on this issue with your valuable experiences on it. I am pretty sure there would be many people like me sailing on the same boat.

meetravi

Post by meetravi » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:53 pm

I emailed the same piece of info to home office and got the following positive reply. I am sure it will help some others sailing in the same boat with the aspirations of owning a home in UK.

Dear Sir,

As you have rightly identified in the guidance on what constitutes as public funds, buying a house on a shared ownership scheme would not be classed as a person accessing public funds. Entering into such a scheme would not affect a future ILR application.

Regards

UK Border Agency – Settlement Ops Policy

gauravrajwanshi
Newly Registered

Re: Would getting an Shared home Ownership affects my ILR ?

Post by gauravrajwanshi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:18 am

please suggest which email address I can contact UKBA. Never got right reply back using the email addresses from ukba site