ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Birth certificate has not been returned, how to get it back

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

4uvak000

Birth certificate has not been returned, how to get it back

Post by 4uvak000 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:25 am

I have received my ILR a month ago with all supporting documents I have submitted to HO. In 2012 I have sent my birth certificate to HO before I have submitted my ILR application, because it was requested by another department of HO, not the one which made decision on my application. I had not receive it back yet. I have sent my request almost a year ago to the same address I have sent my birth certificate, but they did not respond. Checking HO website I could not find any address or e-mail where I can send a request for my birth certificate. There is a form for return of documents there, which is not really suitable for my request as I have sent my birth certificate separately, not as a part of application. Is there any other way to request my birth certificate from HO? Thanks.

dk2011

Re: Birth certificate has not been returned, how to get it b

Post by dk2011 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:53 pm

For which application they had asked you your birth certificate ? It is usual ? I thought only people under 18 years of age needs to provide birth certificate.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:17 am

They did not ask specifically for birth certificate, but for any ID I had. Since I have sent to them my passport long time ago, the only proof of ID I had was my birth certificate. I had a complicated case, so I do not think, they usualy ask for birth certificate. Passport should be enouth in most cases. :D

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:53 am

Update. Yesterday I phoned to HO. They told me, that they will make a request to the right department, and, if I will not hear from them in 2 weeks, I need to call them again on the same number to find out about the process of my birth certificate returning. We'll see.

spillman
Newly Registered

Post by spillman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi 4uvak000,

Can you pls let me know which number your called to inquire about DOB certificate.

I applied for my extension last year and I didnt received my Son's Birth Certificate which I enclosed in original when fillling application.

Thanks
Spillman

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:10 pm

DOB? Did you mean birth certificate? The number is 0151 213 4288. But this number was on my letter from the unit which requested my documents. I found the same number here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/oldercases/. My case was old, but I never have claimed asylum. As it says from the link, this is the number of former CRD unit. They changed the name, but they still dealing with old cases, submited before 2007. So I am not sure if it will help you in your case. You should have phone number or e-mail or postal address on your application decision letter so you would be able to contact the unit which hold the document you sent to them. Good luck!

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:04 am

Got it back withing 2 weeks. Amazing. Never got that quick response from HO before.