ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

would this happen?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKc2be
Newly Registered

would this happen?

Post by UKc2be » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:25 pm

I submitted my citizenship application mid January. Today I received a telephone call from a blocked number asking for a person of another name. The lady spoke with an accent. But when I told her it was not me and put down the phone it reminded me of one of the names of my referees that she was asking to speak to. I know I am paranoid, but would the Home Office firstly contact with a blocked number and secondly do they contact the referees telephonically or via post?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: would this happen?

Post by Amber » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Hey can contact via telephone and yes the number would be blocked.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:29 pm

I believe that they would call referee on his/her telephone number rather than yours. And I am almost certain that January's applications have not been started to be considered having applied myself in January.
I am sometimes wrong.

Eureka.Power

Post by Eureka.Power » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:35 pm

do they really contact the referees at naturlization time?.. i thought they just contact them at the time of the Passport application ....!!!

UKc2be
Newly Registered

Post by UKc2be » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:54 pm

milan69 wrote:I believe that they would call referee on his/her telephone number rather than yours. And I am almost certain that January's applications have not been started to be considered having applied myself in January.

True but I thought maybe they had mixed up the numbers by human error. Probably me just being paranoid as I said.

rikken

Post by rikken » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Eureka.Power wrote:do they really contact the referees at naturlization time?.. i thought they just contact them at the time of the Passport application ....!!!
If they never contacted them why would they need to be provided? Otherwise you could just make up people.

It'd be more important to check referees for the citizenship application as opposed to the passport application anyway.

sidhujazz

Post by sidhujazz » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:55 pm

If it's true then this would mean they are considering the Jan applications already.

Yes they can contact you by a blocked number.

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 am

We're 12 days into February. Why wouldn't they be working their way through January applications? In order to issue approvals, they need to carry out their checks including verifying referees, etc.