ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier-4 need help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

man09
Newly Registered

tier-4 need help

Post by man09 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:24 pm

HI All

I really need help regarding tier 4

I come in uk in Jan 2009 as a student. I complete my PGDIP in information security in June 2011. after finishing my Visa in July 2011 I went to india. in Jan 2012 I come UK again as Student visitor to complete my dissertation and it was 6 month visa (Jan 2012- July 2012). in July 2012, I got my MSc degree from UEL and I went back to india.
in oct 2012, I again come to uk to compete my MBA. (Oct 2012- April 2014). now i done my MBA from LSBU.

Can i study further in UK, can i go for Level 8 which is diploma in strategic business research and leadership direction. Because Mphil/Phd admission process is very lengthy. it would be really appreciated if you please advice me.

Thank you

shaq1

Re: tier-4 need help

Post by shaq1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:50 am

Yes you can apply.

man09
Newly Registered

Post by man09 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:45 pm

shaq1 wrote:Yes you can apply.
shaq1 wrote:Yes you can apply.

Thanks Shaq1 for your reply. Really appreciated.
But this level 8 diploma only available in some colleges if I get admission there, does it affect to my status? because I done my 2 master in universities and if now I will get CAS letter from college and apply for my visa, does it effect to my application?

Second, do you have any idea how much funds I needed? how much minimum I have to show in my bank account?

Thank you

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:30 pm

You have the progress within the last 6 months and if you apply for a course now with your MBA's certificate you have to maintain two months maintenance which is £2000 if your college is in inner London and £1600 if it is in outer London.

Please check the start date and end date of your PGD and MBA courses. if the duration is less than or equal to 4 years then you can go for one year Level 8 Diploma with a college as you will still be on the 5 years time cap.

man09
Newly Registered

Post by man09 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:20 pm

shaq1 wrote:You have the progress within the last 6 months and if you apply for a course now with your MBA's certificate you have to maintain two months maintenance which is £2000 if your college is in inner London and £1600 if it is in outer London.

Please check the start date and end date of your PGD and MBA courses. if the duration is less than or equal to 4 years then you can go for one year Level 8 Diploma with a college as you will still be on the 5 years time cap.

Thanks Shaq1
Shaq as I told you I already spend 5 years in UK as a student, and the diploma which I am looking to do is 16 month of duration. really its very confusing nw.

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:14 am

HO calculate the time according the start date and end date, so even if you got visa for more than 4 years you still could have spent less time than that. But as you mentioned you have already spent 5 years so, if you want to study now a 16 months course in level 8 you have to enroll at a HEI or University.

I hope its clear your confusion now.

man09
Newly Registered

Post by man09 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:18 pm

shaq1 wrote:HO calculate the time according the start date and end date, so even if you got visa for more than 4 years you still could have spent less time than that. But as you mentioned you have already spent 5 years so, if you want to study now a 16 months course in level 8 you have to enroll at a HEI or University.

I hope its clear your confusion now.
Thanks Shaq1
Really appreciated your help.
but there is a problem, my MBA result will come in May and my visa expires in 30th April. But without MBA certificate I cant submit my application is it rite? what should I do now?

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:07 pm

If you do your level 8 course at the same Uni then probably they could issue your result early. Please note at that time your new course need to be started within 28 days from your visa expiration date otherwise you have to go back to your home country and apply from there.

man09
Newly Registered

Post by man09 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:26 pm

shaq1 wrote:If you do your level 8 course at the same Uni then probably they could issue your result early. Please note at that time your new course need to be started within 28 days from your visa expiration date otherwise you have to go back to your home country and apply from there.
Thank very much Shaq
Really appreciate your help.
Shaq no its not a same Uni, But the thing is that level 8 Diploma course only provided by colleges and universities only have Mphil/Phd as you know. as I done my higher educations in universities and now I am going to college that's by I afraid if ukba refuse my application.