ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nontsomi
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by nontsomi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:47 am

Thank you Daniel, he will give me her passport as soon as it arrivals but I won't be able to have his and I can't even ask him for it either. Is there a way of sorting this out without involving him at all ?

Daniel97

Post by Daniel97 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:31 am

nontsomi wrote:Thank you Daniel, he will give me her passport as soon as it arrivals but I won't be able to have his and I can't even ask him for it either. Is there a way of sorting this out without involving him at all ?

Oh yes,but you have to look for a good lawyer to make your application for you,once you have your daughter passport with you,don't worry it will be fine.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 am

@ThisYear, @ea2013 and @nilemarques ,thanks for the kind words.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:49 am

ali90 wrote:hi everyone i havent been on here since months as i been busy with work after being granted my status. my sister still hasnt been granted sadly waiting for JR . i just want to know that if anyone on here has a number to contact home office to get update on immigraton status regardless of what application it is?

my sister sec4 has been canceled the reasons are confusing as 1 page say it because she been granted leave to remain and other page just says that she is over 18 even tho she was over 18 2 years ago and think they just remembered now so help will be great please

and hope everyone get good decisions
The right hand corner of the letter HO sent to you has a 087 number this will get you to someone. However remember that this number is expensive and you may have to wait to get a response. you should be able to get the information you need from there. The rest of your post is not very clear.

When you are calling you make sure you have the letters stating that "because she been granted leave to remain and other page just says that she is over 18...." Give the person on the phone the references and I believe you will get a clear picture of the status.

The other point you mention is that she is waiting for a JR ? Is a lawyer applying for this on your behalf. Please make it clearer so people can suggest. Take care

nontsomi
Newly Registered

Post by nontsomi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:08 am

Thank you Daniel for your help.

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:13 am

nontsomi wrote:sorry I meant to say es2013 #
Am in sort of a similar situation with you but am with my partner, We applied for my sons passport and it was back in 4 days of applying. it doesnt matter if you are not married. one parent has to be british, and they should apply for the childs passport. you will get it soon.
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

nontsomi
Newly Registered

Post by nontsomi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Thank you es2013 atleast I know she will get it now. Do you guys know of any good lawyers ? Thanks again

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:56 pm

I need to know how long it takes ukba to deal with my application when they ask for more documents. I applied as parent of a British Child. And if I needed to send a letter from my GP (I will explain).

Application Received by UKBA: 14/01/2014
Biometrics Received by Me: 29/01/2014 Dated 27/01/2014
Biometrics Done: 29/01/2014
Asked for Additional Documents: 07/02/2014 Dated 04/02/2014

Additional documents required.

-Passport of Son
-Passport of ex partner
-If the child does not reside with you then you need a letter from you gp explaining that you are listed as an emergency contact of the child and that you are involved with the child.
- A letter from your ex partner saying you are no longer in a relationship and explaining when and how you are involved with the child.

I sent the two passports and a letter from my ex partner explaining that the child lives with me at least three days every week. I sent documents on 07/02/2014 and documents was received 10/02/2014.

Does living with me three days a week mean the child resides with me?

How long do you think it will take to hear back from UKBA? I sent the documents straight to the case worker dealing with my application as requested.

I didn't send the letter from my gp because I thought living three days a week with me meanz residing with me and MY GP need seven days to get the letter for me.

njyildum1

Post by njyildum1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:59 pm

And UKBA mentioned that it intends to deal with my application promptly with the letter asking for supporting documents.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Hi guys,

Like the anthem goes Congrats to all granted and soldier on those refused. Its been a while just been busy trying to sort stuff out. Finally got my PAP sent today and nicely timed as I had CAPITA send me a text and they starting harassing me with phone calls for a couple of days now. I ignored all and my solicitor called and notified them she's representing me bla bla bla. They said their systems are slow to update so she advised me to just ignore them.

Anyway it begins now so I need all your prayers please.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:29 pm

@Rina
that is good, a step forward. Hopefully, they will be sensible.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:37 pm

Hi guys,
I need some information, Some months back a member of this forum informed us that he/she would be applying seperately for each member of the family. Please if the member is still here. kindly let me know the outcome of your child/children under the seven year route. Thanks

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:19 am

[quo@Al Haqq
Hi, sorry to hear about a second refusal. The HO has asked me to withdraw my JR for reconsideration. Did they used the same grounds or different to refused you? God bless you all.

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:44 am

Al Haqq wrote:Hi all,
Well my solicitor called me yesterday am, to inform me that we have been refused after agreeing to withdraw the JR. I am yet to receive any information from the HO. This new refusal generates a right of appeal apparently.

In a nutshell, if you think you have a strong case you may want to insist with your lawyer that irrespective of what the HO promises you want to go ahead with the JR.

Just to mirror what east579new said TAKE NOTE when accepting to withdraw the JR.

I am glad I belong to this forum, so it was not a suprise for me when I heard the message fro the Sol.

Next step is the tribunal
Hello everone, I hope all is well with thee.

@Al Haqq
So very sorry to see that your application was refused. Stay strong and keep fighting. I will keep you and your family in my prayer.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:47 am

ikeron wrote:[quo@Al Haqq
Hi, sorry to hear about a second refusal. The HO has asked me to withdraw my JR for reconsideration. Did they used the same grounds or different to refused you? God bless you all.
Ikeron,

Try not to fall for the cheap tactic. They might refuse you under the same initial refusal they gave you. Its a continous loop to send you back to the starting line, frustrating you to quit. Tell them to either put it in writing hoping for a favorable outcome in order words to explain what they missed the first time for them wanting to reconsider or else you are going to proceed with JR. I have not seen on this thread (I might be wrong) where they have asked anyone to withdraw and then they get granted.

@Rina Thank God for his mercies. This is God's handiwork. I pray for a testimonial outcome on this soon to be successful journey.

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:56 am

ThisYear wrote:Wow! @alhaq...I truly empathise with you. I guess there is a silver lining since this refusal generates a right of appeal.

Hopefully the amoebas will see reason when it gets to the tribunal. Keep the 'chin' up, your expectations will not be cut short.

Update on my JR, the HO requested for 21 days which ended yesterday with no feedback from them so my solicitor is saying the next step will be Oral hearing. HAs anyone been through this before and what should I be expecting?
@ThisYear
Your application for JR will first be determined on paper and if your application is refused, you can then pay £215 for Oral reconsideration hearing. If your solicitor is saying that the next step is Oral hearing this means that he/she opted straight for Oral hearing instead of paper hearing first.
If this is the case, you should receive a letter telling you of the hearing date and you should read it and follow the instruction on it. Make sure you have a barrister who will be representing as they know case law and can file a proper skeleton argument.
I hope this helps.
Stay blessed.
Outcome:

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:28 am

Keisha wrote:Hello...Hello...Eerbady

Hope all is good with you and that you keeping warm in this crazy weather.

To those who have been refused,don't loose hope for God will make a way.They may try to dampen your spirit with their copy&paste letter but God will fight the battle for you!

@New Bloggers...welcome to the forum and may God be with you throughout the process!All the best with your application form.

@Olapoint....*Danceskukere* Congratulations on your freedom and we thank God for His grace.I reckon you couldn't stop rejoicing after the great news!

To those who I failed to mention,CONGRATULATIONS on your freedom and enjoy every moment of it.

@Elastep...Praise be to the most High God and we thank Him for making a way for you.I pray that you may be granted that Visa in May.Surely,the amoebas seems they can't comprehend their own mother-tongue...lol!

Well,excuse me for hibernating but I want to thank God for His grace.The amoebas were sent a PAP end of Nov and never bothered to respond.So,the solicitor the filed for JR end of Jan and last week the amoebas sent a letter to acknowledgement of my application.So,I pray to God that I may find favour with those judges who will be dealing with my application!I also pray those who are still waiting for response not to despair but trust in God that He will make a way!We will receive those visas in Jesus name by fire by force!!

@Usual Suspects...*waves*...how's the going so far??

Lastly....*dancesskelewu&azonto*...we serve a leaving God indeed!Mark Harper is no longer part of the amoeba club coz he's amoeba tendecies came to bite his behind!That's what happens when one doesn't bother about what we go through....*wavesbye-bye*.Teresa May...*waves* better do what's best for you...*wink*
@Keisha
Hello bebe. How are you doing?
You will definetly be favored by the Judge as you are already favored by the most high God who is in charge of all mankind. He who touches the heart of man will intervain on your behalf.
I'm keeping you in my prayer. Stay blessed.
Outcome:

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:42 am

rina wrote:Hi guys,

Like the anthem goes Congrats to all granted and soldier on those refused. Its been a while just been busy trying to sort stuff out. Finally got my PAP sent today and nicely timed as I had CAPITA send me a text and they starting harassing me with phone calls for a couple of days now. I ignored all and my solicitor called and notified them she's representing me bla bla bla. They said their systems are slow to update so she advised me to just ignore them.

Anyway it begins now so I need all your prayers please.
@rina
I'm very happy to hear that you have sent your PAP and hopefully HO will get off their incompetant behind and get your case sorted out before it get to court.
Do not mind those leches that call themselves CAPITA. They are like vultures waiting to feed.Ignore them and if they call you again tell them, that they are harrasing you and that is an offence in the eye of the law and that they have no right to call you as your further representation is still outstanding and pending for outcome.
Outcome:

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:55 am

@ikeron
Never under any circumstance withdraw your JR without HO agreeing to do whatever you have outlined for them in your consent order. Tell them that you will withdraw your JR if they reach a decision on your application first or inform them that you will withdraw your JR application if they will pay back the cost of your JR and if they refuse you again, the refusal should come with right of in country appeal.
If they refuse to agree to any of your consent order do not withdraw your JR because if you do and they refuse you a second time, you will have wasted your time and money only to start from the begining all over again.
Outcome:

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:33 pm

@elastep
Thank you. I was asked to withdraw my JR for reconsideration or removal notice. And I have also asked the HO for the cost first. Or is there any other thing I should ask please? God bless you all.

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:43 pm

ikeron wrote:@elastep
Thank you. I was asked to withdraw my JR for reconsideration or removal notice. And I have also asked the HO for the cost first. Or is there any other thing I should ask please? God bless you all.
Ask that they Give you a time frame for when their decision will be decided or they will keep you waiting for a long time. whatever agreement you are agreeing to with the HO make sure that they are in writing and signed.
Outcome:

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:14 pm

@elastep
Thanks dear, are there any difference between removal notice and in country appeal? God bless you all.

11akb

Post by 11akb » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:59 pm

hello everyone hope we all get positive news

my article 8 family case got refused in last september than my solicitor applied for JR than in january HO told my solicitor to withdraw case and we will reply you in three months ........so still waiting for answer also my solicitor send a letter to claim a cost .....hope to get answer soon ( three kids 2 above 7 came on student visa in 2000 ) will keep you update about my case........... :shock:

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Thank you ikeron

Yes they still stated the same reason,
(Your son is 8 years old and he was born here but we do not think it is unreasonable for him and you to return to Nigeria and the you are 31 years when you came here so you still have ties).The copy and paste.

In a nutshell tell your solicitor you are not withdrawing, but if they are reluctant make sure they pay and they give you an option to appeal.

Good luck

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Thank you ikeron

Yes they still stated the same reason,
(Your son is 8 years old and he was born here but we do not think it is unreasonable for him and you to return to Nigeria and the you are 31 years when you came here so you still have ties).The copy and paste.

In a nutshell tell your solicitor you are not withdrawing, but if they are reluctant make sure they pay and they give you an option to appeal.

Good luck