ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pervins

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Pervins » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:27 pm

same here, applied on 20th September still waiting.... I think HO is working according the date of biometric done, although we could see few exceptional cases.

Muhammad1

Post by Muhammad1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Pervins wrote:same here, applied on 20th September still waiting.... I think HO is working according the date of biometric done, although we could see few exceptional cases.
Yes I know. But let hope for the best.
May be v get ours next week.
Muhammad.

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:08 pm

Inshaallah, lets hope for the best. I am thinking to write a letter to HO to speed up the progress since I got my Biometric very late and done it on 22nd of November. Any suggestion? should I wait for another week?

Muhammad1

Post by Muhammad1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Pervins wrote:Inshaallah, lets hope for the best. I am thinking to write a letter to HO to speed up the progress since I got my Biometric very late and done it on 22nd of November. Any suggestion? should I wait for another week?
Yes I think wait a couple of weeks more and if nothing comes up then call HO. That's what I will do as well. I have done my biomatrics on 28/10/13. So let's see what happens.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Still waiting

Muhammad1

Post by Muhammad1 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:49 pm

esmsi wrote:Still waiting
When have you applied then.

sikdermujaherali
Newly Registered

Post by sikdermujaherali » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:06 pm

What a wonderful response from everyone. Undoubtedly you guys are doing a brilliant job. All of you will be in my prayers & Please let me know if you know any good solicitor or anything comes up in your mind that may help me out from this sitution. Millions thanks to you all again . Moreover you guys r da real hero for human kind..

Regards
Mujaher
Shahkakaram wrote:REPLY to sikdermujaherali :-

Sorry to hear that you have got only few months short in your 10 years and your visa expiring before :

I am not an expert but i have seen guys have suggested you very reasonable way to get out of it and i can understand your situation its would be very difficult for you to decide which way would suits you ...

I can share one case of my close friend with you .....he had left 15 months to complete his 10 years and he took admission in ACCA and some how luckily his bio metric letter arrived before 5 months of his completing 10 years after bio metric his student visa is refused because of five years cap on student visa and then he gone through all the appeal finally he got refuse from all court and during this time his 10 years completed and he varied his application through some solicitor ...currently he is expecting his ILR out come with in few weeks ( hopefully )..

During my friend tribunal appeal every lawyer were saying him that if you were married here then there would be some chance to win appeal case but unfortunately he was single .....so in your case your Married life with children will help you a lot ....

But i think this must be in your knowledge ( Unfortunately ) HO is dealing the student visa application very quickly ...u can say with in a month they are giving you the outcome of the student application ( the reason behind this is that HO don't want student spend any single day extra in this country which lead them to longer stay ) ...

So if you have already completed your five years of student life be careful of that CAP ,untill and unless you have got option left for P.hd which will cost you a lot or no any other college /uni will give you an admission in any program lower then Master level .....However your personal married settled life is plus point to win appeal case if you got tribunal case after rejection of Student life ...

I hope you understand the hassel and problems you will face on student visa extension .....

Think carefully and be confident to your decision before making any decision keep this in your mind your 10 years are more important so use your remaining time wisely .....

Best of Luck

Our best prayer with you ....Inshallah you will successfully get ILR but have to take step carefully where there is low or no risk ...

sikdermujaherali
Newly Registered

Post by sikdermujaherali » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:06 pm

What a wonderful response from everyone. Undoubtedly you guys are doing a brilliant job. All of you will be in my prayers & Please let me know if you know any good solicitor or anything comes up in your mind that may help me out from this sitution. Millions thanks to you all again . Moreover you guys r da real hero for human kind..

Regards
Mujaher
sadiq.wmin wrote:REPLY to sikdermujaherali :

One of my mate was in similar situation, he was also short of 9 months suddenly his college was removed from HTS and he got letter for 60 days to re-apply.

Instead of applying for student he applied for Discrenary Leave on basis of Private life ( Kids). I know it takes more time but you will be in strong position to get it. either you can get DLfor 2.5 years or IRL.

Even if you get Discrenery leave you can still apply once you complete 10yrs. at that time you only need to apply for you and your wife. bcoz once you get ILR you can straight away apply for Nationalization for Kids as they born in UK.

I would recommend you and your wife to start writing for Life in UK test. also if you have degree in UK you dont need english exam but if your wife does not have one then start preparing of English exam.

This is just a personal advise NOT a professional one.

Hope things get easy for you and your family.

Farhani Taylar in london helped my friend, they take full fees for HO and their fees you can pay every month installments

Best Regards

Sadiq

sikdermujaherali
Newly Registered

Post by sikdermujaherali » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Regards
Mujaher
Zee ali wrote:*** Now my question is whether this will be a good idea to go thorough this way or should I just go for a student visa extension which will cost me around £10000/ for admission in university ? *** OR you guys can suggest anything else which I'm not aware off, you never know any vital information can help me out from this unbearable situations?

u r short 5 months to complete 10 years.
if u think u can extend student visa (keep in mind of 5 years cap) than go for it.
Other best option is as your son completed 7 years continuously u can apply for private life FLR FP application. but u also need to prove that WHY ITS NOT REASONABLE FOR YOUR CHILD TO GO BACK AND START A NEW LIFE.
Simply as he born here and going to school and uk is his centre of life blah blah blah. can help u to get the visa
Suppose if u complete 10 years during decision time than VARY your application to set (ilr).
if somehow your visa get refused and during appeal time u complete 10 years than in the hearing u submit a letter to court that u complete 10 years so they will advise HO to issue u ILR,
or
withdraw your case from tribunal than u will have 28 days to apply for a new visa . but involve a good solicitor.
Don't apply ILR early they will refuse your application straightaway.
Don't think they hold your early ILR application and give u visa after your qualifying period start.
Pass your LIUK test and english language requirement before applying any visa.
u need them for ILR later on and without passport u can't take LIUK

Regards

sikdermujaherali
Newly Registered

Post by sikdermujaherali » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Regards
Mujaher
InfoR wrote:Welcome to the forum. Although I am not an expert I 'think' you can apply for Discretionary Leave.

Check this link. Right at the bottom of the page there is something called Discretionary Leave. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylu ... etoremain/

My relative who was on a student visa at the time ( a year ago), applied for Discretionary Leave. Although he had completed his 10 years legal stay, he was not able to get Life In The UK certificate for some reason and his current visa at the time was expiring. His application was based on the fact that he had lived in the country for around 10 years. Apart from that he had siblings who were also settled in UK.

After around 4 months, he varied his application and applied for ILR which was successful.

Because this route is a bit more complex, he opted to involve a solicitor. (I highly recommend that too)

As you have been living in the country for over 9 years and also have a young family, it might work out for you.

Once again, I am not an expert and hopefully other members/gurus will shed more light on it.

sikdermujaherali wrote:*********** NEED URGENT HELP ************

Hello to all my senior members. Someone just told me about this forum & I badly need your help. I'm in a DO or DIE situation. So all my knowledgeable senior members I need your help ASAP. I've been to so many so called lawyers & I thinks they are bunch of greedy people , all they want is your money. I will try my best to explain my current situation briefly:

Currently I'm on student visa & I will be able to apply for SET LR (10 YEARS ) on 12th September 2014. But my visa will expire in 20th April 2014. Last year I've done my MBA from a UK university & I got the certificate. At this moment I really don't know what to do regarding extending my visa? Moreover let me tell you one more thing that is I'm blessed with 2 sons & my elder son was born in UK he's still here doing very good at school & he is just over 7 years old. My other son is just 1 year old, who also born in UK. Under these circumstances some people advising me to apply for Settlement through my elder son who's over 7 years old? I know HO will hold this application for long time & I can withdraw my application from HO in September & re-apply under SET LR (10 YEARS ). IS IT TOO RISKY?

*** Now my question is whether this will be a good idea to go thorough this way or should I just go for a student visa extension which will cost me around £10000/ for admission in university ? *** OR you guys can suggest anything else which I'm not aware off, you never know any vital information can help me out from this unbearable situations?

My senior member I badly need your help. If I do any mistake that will be the end of my career & family life in UK. I don't know you guys personally & can't offer you anything in exchange apart for my PRAYERS.

Many thanks in advance…

Sikder

sikdermujaherali
Newly Registered

Post by sikdermujaherali » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Regards
Mujaher
wowboy wrote:
sikdermujaherali wrote:
Under these circumstances some people advising me to apply for Settlement through my elder son who's over 7 years old? I know HO will hold this application for long time & I can withdraw my application from HO in September & re-apply under SET LR (10 YEARS ). IS IT TOO RISKY?

*** Now my question is whether this will be a good idea to go thorough this way or should I just go for a student visa extension which will cost me around £10000/ for admission in university ? *** OR you guys can suggest anything else which I'm not aware off, you never know any vital information can help me out from this unbearable situations?

Sikder
Dear sikdermujaherali ,

It's shame you fall short few months on completion 10yrs.

Are you sure above mentioned application that based on your son's 7 years in UK will take long time? Do you have real timeline?

If there's stats which suggest/gives real estimation timeline ( like ILR applications) it would be better to go with this options in my opinion, however could be risky.

If you can find cheaper student visa option also good.

Anyways, I can imagine how stressed u must be, there's always solution and ways to hold on few months.

I wish u to be strong, good luck and be positive.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:13 pm

can someone please UPDATE THE SKYDRIVE and let us know, seems like few of the latest have not yet been updated on skydrive. also i am happy to volunteer to update skydrive regularly if write access is provided.

i think over 70% of SEP application from this forum has had results.

i have applied on 22nd January and yet no sign of Biomatric.

tier210

Post by tier210 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 pm

can someone please UPDATE THE SKYDRIVE

1 oct 2013……… application sent
3 oct 2013……… acknowledgement letter
14 oct 2013……. Biometric letter received
19 oct 2013…… biometric enrolled
8 feb 2014……….approval letter
waiting……….biometric card

praying and wishing best of luck to every one waiting

shegon2010
Newly Registered

Post by shegon2010 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:53 am

Spoke to H/O today and was given my special delivery tracking number and it indicated that i will be recieving my parcel before 1pm later on today.By God's Grace I hope its a positive story.will come back to share the good news on the forum when it is delivered.

Pervins

Post by Pervins » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:59 am

what is your time line?

expresso12

Post by expresso12 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:02 am

hi all

my timeline:
5th dec 2013……… application sent
20 dec 2013……… acknowledgement letter
3rd Ian 2014……. Biometric letter received
3rd jan 2014…… biometric enrolled
waiting……….approval letter
waiting……….biometric card

Also a letter was sent by my employer on 9 feb (post and fax), signed by the head of a bluechip company), to expedite my case due to international work commitments. Home office have written back to me(received by post 11/02) stating request has been declined. Guess I'll have to wait another couple of months.

thanks

shegon2010
Newly Registered

Post by shegon2010 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:29 am

Pervins wrote:what is your time line?
TIMELINE
Application Sent :20th of Sept
Rceived by H/O :23rd Sept
Acknowledgement dated: 26th of Sept
Acknowledgement received:30th Sept
Biometric letter recived :15th of October
Biometric registered :15th of October
Rang H/O :12th February
Recorded delivery tracked online for delivery :13th of February.

10-years on Student visa,1 month out of the country throughout, no complications except for refusal of student visa in 2009 which was won on appeal.No out of time application for all the extensions.SAR also requested prior to application.

babyblue

Post by babyblue » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:12 am

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. Does the HO send back the LIUK test certificate when they return your documents? As I assume you need it for naturalisation.

Thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:46 am

Yes

L
babyblue wrote:Hi everyone,

Just a quick question. Does the HO send back the LIUK test certificate when they return your documents? As I assume you need it for naturalisation.

Thanks
ss

babaji
Newly Registered

Post by babaji » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:49 am

sikdermujaherali wrote:*********** NEED URGENT HELP ************

Hello to all my senior members. Someone just told me about this forum & I badly need your help. I'm in a DO or DIE situation. So all my knowledgeable senior members I need your help ASAP. I've been to so many so called lawyers & I thinks they are bunch of greedy people , all they want is your money. I will try my best to explain my current situation briefly:

Currently I'm on student visa & I will be able to apply for SET LR (10 YEARS ) on 12th September 2014. But my visa will expire in 20th April 2014. Last year I've done my MBA from a UK university & I got the certificate. At this moment I really don't know what to do regarding extending my visa? Moreover let me tell you one more thing that is I'm blessed with 2 sons & my elder son was born in UK he's still here doing very good at school & he is just over 7 years old. My other son is just 1 year old, who also born in UK. Under these circumstances some people advising me to apply for Settlement through my elder son who's over 7 years old? I know HO will hold this application for long time & I can withdraw my application from HO in September & re-apply under SET LR (10 YEARS ). IS IT TOO RISKY?

My senior member I badly need your help. If I do any mistake that will be the end of my career & family life in UK. I don't know you guys personally & can't offer you anything in exchange apart for my PRAYERS.

Many thanks in advance…

Sikder
Hi Sikder,
First of u dont need to worry bcz u r in a very good position. If u just take admission in CMI level 8 in any highly trusted college bcz now a days u just need to pay around 6 to 700 pound and u can get admission on the bases of MBA. Once u do that then submit ur application for flr. Now u will be refused bcz of 5 years cap ,then u will be given an right of appeal anyway and ur existing leave to remain will continue vid 3c and 3d. u need to look at 16 august bcz u can apply ilr 28 days before ur qualifying period is completed.

If u get refuse What will happen after that:

1- if u receive u refusal letter before 16 august then go for appeal.if u go for appeal u will hv 2 option
(a)-if ur hearing date is after 14 September then u can change variation of application means withdraw ur appeal and send a new application for ilr on the bases of 10 years long residence.
(b)u can change ur grounds on the bases of long residence in appeal and u can get ur appeal allowed in tribunal.

2- How much will be ur cost?

1-admission and ukba fees (700+422) = 1122
2-solicitor and barrister fees (300+500) = 800
3-ILR fees (1093) = 1093
total = 3015

3-now question is which amount u can save?
1- if u dont get ur decision before 16 august u just need to change the variation in application and send new application of ilr which means u just need to pay the differnce from ilr fees(1093 -422)=671
2-u will nt have to pay the solicitor and barrister fees(300+500)= 800
so u can save altogether Aound 1200 pounds

send me an email if u think how u can spend less money ( sonu143only@yahoo.co.uk )

Abchardik
United Kingdom

Post by Abchardik » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:29 am

What are the chances for Applicants to receive results whose Biometric was delayed by the Home ~office only???
How does the Approval Letter come Recorded or normal post?? Does it come in Brown Envelope or white Envelope as the Acknowledgement Letter!!!

I made My application on 22/10/2013 but received Biometric almost after 1 month ..

Any Suggestions and any1 can throw some light...

Thank you

Hardik

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:32 am

06 Sept 2013
Muhammad1 wrote:
esmsi wrote:Still waiting
When have you applied then.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 am

Approval letter and passport came in special delivery bag( Royal Mail ) you have to sign and for biometric it will come in brown small envelop don't know the company

Abchardik wrote:What are the chances for Applicants to receive results whose Biometric was delayed by the Home ~office only???
How does the Approval Letter come Recorded or normal post?? Does it come in Brown Envelope or white Envelope as the Acknowledgement Letter!!!

I made My application on 22/10/2013 but received Biometric almost after 1 month ..

Any Suggestions and any1 can throw some light...

Thank you

Hardik
ss

nadeemiqbal

Post by nadeemiqbal » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:32 am

Hi everyone

Just been on the phone with HO and been told they are dealing with October 2013 applications

I applied on 11-10-13 and still waiting??
Does anyone know how long the caseworker takes for a straight forward case ???

Thanks

Nadeem

LetsGetPR
Newly Registered

Re: Any Thoughts on this

Post by LetsGetPR » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:50 am

fiazpk wrote:Hi, everyone
I have just come across this news at Home Office website,
and was wonder if these new regulations apply to (10 years Long residence applications),
Does it mean SET(LR) applications would now have a Premium Postal Service, where decisions would be made much quicker,

In-UK Non PBS / Unit Costs April 2014 / Current Fees / New Fees 6th April 2014 / % Increase
ILR Standard – main applicant / £248 / £1,051 / £1,093 / 4.0%

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ees-change

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ations.pdf

reference to the same news here on a third party website,
http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirate ... 7-1.537534

any Thoughts on this
According to home office
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ations.pdf this is only applicable to applications made outside UK.