ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds - Tier 2 General outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pmunisatish
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds - Tier 2 General outside UK

Post by pmunisatish » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:58 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 2 general Visa from outside UK.

I have a query regarding maintenance funds.If in case the Sponsor has not mentioned about Maintenance Funds, then it is mentioned in UKBA website that you should have 900 GBP ( or Equivalent) in our bank account.

Can i show my Wife's account statement as proof, if that is not possible , then i have to wait for 90 days and then lodge the application?

Please confirm.

Thanks in Advance
Satish

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 pm

If this is a joint account from start, should not be a problem. If not, you need to maintain balance for 90 days.

Gagan1986

Re: Maintenance Funds - Tier 2 General outside UK

Post by Gagan1986 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:10 am

pmunisatish wrote:Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier 2 general Visa from outside UK.

I have a query regarding maintenance funds.If in case the Sponsor has not mentioned about Maintenance Funds, then it is mentioned in UKBA website that you should have 900 GBP ( or Equivalent) in our bank account.

Can i show my Wife's account statement as proof, if that is not possible , then i have to wait for 90 days and then lodge the application?

Please confirm.

Thanks in Advance
Satish
If its just your wife's account then you need to wait for another 3 months and make sure you maintain the balance throughout the 3 month period

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 pm

Remember that a CoS has to be activated within 3 months of its issuance. So your employer should not issue a CoS until you know you have the bank statements. If they issued it now and you waited over 90 days to apply for the visa you would be refused because the CoS has lapsed.

OR they could certify maintenance on the CoS.

DrAli
Newly Registered

Post by DrAli » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Can I please ask you a general question regarding tier 2 general visa? Regarding maintenance funds, if sponsor has put N in supporting maintenance box but has made a note in sponsor option which states :
"We confirm that the above certificate of sponsorship has been issued to above named person, if necessary we certify that we will maintain and accommodate for the first the first month of employment. For avoidance of doubt, we can confirm that we limit the value of this undertaking to the sum of 900 pounds."

Would this suffice in obtaining 10 points on PBS if I don't submit my bank statement?

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:14 pm

DrAli wrote:Can I please ask you a general question regarding tier 2 general visa? Regarding maintenance funds, if sponsor has put N in supporting maintenance box but has made a note in sponsor option which states :
"We confirm that the above certificate of sponsorship has been issued to above named person, if necessary we certify that we will maintain and accommodate for the first the first month of employment. For avoidance of doubt, we can confirm that we limit the value of this undertaking to the sum of 900 pounds."

Would this suffice in obtaining 10 points on PBS if I don't submit my bank statement?

Ideally, they should tick a 'Yes' in maintenance support and then add the statement in the comments box. Still means the same thing. Also, the employer only have to certify that they will provide support and don't have to actually pay any stipulated amount towards it. If I were you, I'll haggle with my employer.