ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR revoke - anyone heard of this ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

firstime

ILR revoke - anyone heard of this ?

Post by firstime » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:56 am

under what situation the ILR will be revoked?

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: ILR revoke - anyone heard of this ?

Post by sakura » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:04 am

firstime wrote:under what situation the ILR will be revoked?
Criminal activity (well, more murder than theft, I gather); threat to national security; fraud or lying about your identity; fake documents? I think there are some more, but those are the more commonly referred ones. But - it isn't always so easy to revoke it, if the party can prove they are at risk if returned home, or that they have no one/thing to return to, etc. Why do you ask?

firstime

Post by firstime » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:21 am

Thanks for the reply- I am just curious in fact- as I have heard that some people have difficulties when they come through the immigration piont of the airport..

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:52 am

The most common reason by far for people to lose their ILR status is if they cease to be living in the United Kingdom - normall taken to mean being out of the country for 2 years or more, although in reality it is more complicated than that (e.g. merely visiting the UK periodically while not actually living here could result in loss of ILR; on the other hand, there are circumstances in which a person who has been away from the UK for more than 2 years could yet retain ILR).

Apart form that, the practice has traditionally been that ILR is not usually revoked except for major crimes etc or where the presence of the person in the UK is deemed not to be to the public good, although revocation of ILR for less serious offences may be becoming more common. Immigration fraud would presumably be another reason for ILR to be revoked.