ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 sponsership

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waynerooney
Newly Registered

Tier 2 sponsership

Post by waynerooney » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I found some good informative posts in this forum, i hope some can answer my questions.. :)
My current visa is PSW expiring at 10th of march, my employer wants to sponsor me and he filed a online application for license.
I have some general questions like what minimum salary should be having to get tier 2 general visa? I work as a IT engineer. Do my employer has to advertise for job before issuing CoS? If the certificate gets delayed, can i still stay in country beyond my visa expiry?

Thanks.

golekipro

Re: Tier 2 sponsership

Post by golekipro » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Salary depends on your Code of Practice, you should be getting minimum salary requirement based on 39 working hours per week.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orkers.pdf
you should check the job that matches your job description it should be at NQF level 6.

if you already on PSW and you are in UK your employer do not need to advertise the post your do not need to complete resident labour market test.

waynerooney
Newly Registered

Post by waynerooney » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Thanks for reply..

Sadly :( my employer failed with his sponsorship application as he was careless with the application. He didn't submit proper documents but still he wants to re-apply. But my visa expire on 13th march.
If he reapplies i need to wait beyond 13th march, someone from visa office told him that i can stay legally 28 days beyond expiry? I am not sure if it is good move??
Kindly expert advice here please.. :?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:09 pm

overstaying up to 28 days is disregarded and if your employer gets his licence in this period you can apply for leave to remain. However, if your application is refused for any reason there will be no right to appeal and you are not allowed to work after your current leave expired.

golekipro

Post by golekipro » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:17 pm

As you employer is willing to sponsor you, so you should go back to your home country and once he gets his license than he can sponsor you from there only.

waynerooney
Newly Registered

Post by waynerooney » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:08 am

If i go back to india, employer has to take Labour market test as i understand?? Which he won't take it.
If he re-applies, m i allowed to stay beyond expiry?? I need to call ukba i think?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:28 am

waynerooney wrote: m i allowed to stay beyond expiry?
your question has already been answered

waynerooney
Newly Registered

Post by waynerooney » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:00 am

Thanks mate, so helpful of you.

So i can wait for my sponsor to get his license in these 28 days and then can apply.
By any case if he fails to get it? when i go back i'll be having overstay stamp on my passport isn't it? how will that affect to me in future??

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:47 am

overstaying has to be declared when you apply for entry clearance but overstaying up to 90 days will not affect your eventual application for entry clearance

Qasar Daniel

Post by Qasar Daniel » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:54 am

Can any one guide me , I am on Psw currnetly.I got interview for one of the employer, job was advserised and said they csn sponser for client who need for tier 2 visa. I passed my interview
, the interview panel asked me about my visa i said i.need sponsor, they said company cant sponser, I said that this jib was advertised as for tier 2 sponcer as well. But they call me and said They can offer me as bank staff mean whrn they need me they can call me , but they said they cant offer me permamaent job. (And I have accepted thr offer evrn bank just to enter the organization)
And guidance will be appriticiated .
Thanks
Q. D