ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online visa application - technical questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Online visa application - technical questions

Post by shark_tank007 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I have 2 questions with regards to Online visa application for EEA-FP.

Q1. If I have been refused a Visa for UK over last 10 yrs?

I have been refused once, but then granted as outcome of appeal. The Online application doesn't provide me option to explain this. Should I be answering this as NO because I believe this question are for those who never appealed or got their appeal rejected as the final outcome in that case is a refusal NOT in my case where I was issued visa.

Alternatively I can select NO and mention in additional information section that it visa issued was outcome of appeal?

Q2. If for EXAMPLE, UK Visa was about to expire on 10th June 2012, but I left UK on 5th June 2012, by illegally travelling to France. Do you think UKBA will know this? or do you think I should explain this?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Online visa application - technical questions

Post by Amber » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Previous, minor breaches shouldn't affect an application under EEA law. I would be honest and open, although, only answering what's necessary and asked.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:10 am

For 1, just put yes, date and in the reason put the reason but subsequently overturned on appeal and leave granted.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:16 am

Amber_ wrote:For 1, just put yes, date and in the reason put the reason but subsequently overturned on appeal and leave granted.
Well in the reason column there is very limited space to right. What in your opinion can I put as reason? like section no of immigration which I didn't satisfy or something else? bcos actual reasons were just judgement based of ECO. It was a student visa refused before TIER system. Do you think appeal no or FCO no which is a better reference for appeal as again I will say there is very limited space to write.

Can you please clarify, Thanks very much Amber :)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:19 am

Just put student visa, appealed, granted.

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:21 am

Great Amber! highly appreciate your quick replies :D

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:06 pm

There is another question, it will be great if Amber or anyone else can help out.

Q.Will your spouse/partner be travelling with you?

As for EEA-FP the purpose is to join my wife in UK. But she wants to travel with me if I'm granted visa. So she will first come to me in Spain and then we will travel together to UK. I'm a bit confused what the answer should be in this case.

Thank you so much for your help.

Radconn

Post by Radconn » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:37 pm

Maybe I am not following clearly.
But for the EEA Family permit, shouldn't you both be living together in the EU state and have moved your so called "centre of life" to that EU state.

My wife's application was just refused because according to the ECO he was not satisfied that I, as the EU citizen(and also UK citizen) had not moved my centre of life to Ireland as a self employed person in that state. So if you are both not residing together in Spain, I don't really see how it works.
Brad

shark_tank007
Newly Registered

Post by shark_tank007 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi there Brad,

As to my knowledge "Centre of Life" is applicable if either partner is a British Citizen, mine is not, therefore that is not applicable to me. I know where you are coming from and I understand that due to amended Surinder Singh ruling, which I'm not highly familiar of has made it more difficult for people in your case to prove durable relationship in the EEA state.

In my case, I can either join my EEA partner in UK or we can even move together to UK. The later doesn't even require my EEA partner to have Job or permanent accommodation in UK.

So to sum up we are in two different ships altogether.

I'm sorry to hear about your refusal, but I wish you the best with your appeal.

Thanks and have a good weekend.