ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence period and yearly breakdown for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happy1982

Absence period and yearly breakdown for ILR

Post by happy1982 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:54 am

Dear Members,

I will be applying for ILR next year in april, have a question, when case worker calculates days out of UK, does he see UK entry stamps or in country stamps on passport (Entry / Exit) ?

Reason i am asking this question is, i was returning from india in 2012 in january, an immigration officer said he is not happy with my answers i gave him about what he asked me but according to me, there was nothing wrong, may be i was tired after a long journey, he kept my passports, gave me temporary admission and after 160 days posted my passport to my address, i was surprised to see the entry stamp on my passport was not the day i entered UK but when they posted my passport.

Now when i will do abasence letter or year breakdown which date i will be entring, the day i came back in UK or the day i had entry stamp on my passport by UK air immigration officer?

Regars,
moto

happy1982

Re: Absence period and yearly breakdown for ILR

Post by happy1982 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:21 am

Hi,
Can any one reply please?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Absence period and yearly breakdown for ILR

Post by Amber » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Just explain it on a cover letter when you apply.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.