ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I change a visa application once it has been submitted?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

boons
Newly Registered

Can I change a visa application once it has been submitted?

Post by boons » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi

Please can you help.
I have had help with my spouse visa application form from a immigration case worker of which I paid £600 for 3 hours which was rushed. I have been saving up and preparing for this for 3 months.
I applied yesterday what I thought to be a spouse visa application and she has submitted the application as a settlement visa which is completely different. The woman has 13 years experience and is saying that this is fine that the settlement application will be fine for spouse visa application????
Please someone help, she has completely wrecked everything. I even said to her at the time about this and she said it was fine.
Is there anyway I can correct this to spouse visa application, would I need to cancel and start again and repay, or can I wait till I drop off documents at embassy and correct then??

Please help, one of the worst days of my life,
Thanks in advance

maniani
United Kingdom

Re: Can I change a visa application once it has been submitt

Post by maniani » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:53 pm

I regret to inform you thar you can't change your form. You can submit a new online form yourself instead of using any lady....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:03 pm

what is your status, ilr holder or british?

if so, settlement visa is correct for your spouse
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Settlement visa is the correct one.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:49 am

Settlement as a spouse is the correct one, if she used a Form called VAF4A and VAF4A APPENDIX 2.

These are normally completed and paid for and then submitted online. The docs are then then sent to applicant to lodge at the BHC post in that country (or handling agent in most countries of the world)