ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calculating continuous stay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kvora

Calculating continuous stay

Post by kvora » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Dear experts,

I am in the process of preparing my application for ILR. In the past 5 years, I have been out of country on 2 different occassions totalling 63 days. I was reading the guidelines for continuous stay and it states that one needs to get an employer letter for paid leave. Can I write a covering letter and attach my payslips as evidence of paid leave?

Many thanks in advance for your time and response.

kvora

Re: Calculating continuous stay

Post by kvora » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Hello experts,

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:56 am

Hi

What is your visa category?

And also your employment status?

kvora

Post by kvora » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I am on Tier 2 visa. I have got full time permanent contract.

Thanks

ilrtier1genral

Post by ilrtier1genral » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:57 am

Hi kvora,

I'm not an expert but as per instructions I think it is highly recommended for tier 2 applicants to submit letters from their employers cause for tier 2 employees it is compulsory that they are employed though out the 5 years period with out any unpaid or unemployed leave.

So, coming from the above point I think you must get the letter from your employer(s) to confirm that you are in continuous employee throughout .

Senior members correct me if I'm wrong.

Best of luck

kvora

Post by kvora » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:17 am

Hi ilrtier1genral,

Many thanks for your response. I just want to clarify that both my visits out of the country were during school holidays (I am a teacher) and were paid. I have not had a single day during the 5 year period as unpaid.

Experts, I would really appreciate if I can get clarification on this matter. Also, does the starting date of the current stay needs to be exactly 5 years from the date of application? I have been on Tier 2 for more than 6 years so my starting date covers more than 5 years, however, I am only including absences for the past 5 years. Is my understanding correct?

Many thanks in advance.