ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP!!! PRTB PROBLEMS

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marhaba
Newly Registered

HELP!!! PRTB PROBLEMS

Post by Marhaba » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Hello there im posting on behalf of my tunisian husband. We have been in Ireland nearly 4 weeks this week. I have started my job and are in the proccess in collecting all the doccuments for the Residency. Problem is We are in a shared house. The Landlord lives in America and we are unable to get a PRTB. The person we are living with has a PRTB but it has only his name on it. If we state that he is the landlord and he writes a letter and gives us a bill to prooves he lives here too would that be enough to state that we dont need a prtb, because on the PRTB website it states that if the landlord is living in the same property as us then he has no need to register us on the prtb............

On the residency form it states that a prtb is required or is there another way around this...? Please help

infini001
Newly Registered

Re: HELP!!! PRTB PROBLEMS

Post by infini001 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 pm

On the guy's PRTB letter,it will shows that his Landlord has registered him,A landlord won't register himself.Let him write a letter with prove of address as the Landlord and you should be fine.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Re: HELP!!! PRTB PROBLEMS

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:16 pm

My opinion is that you should move house.

If you live with the owner of the house, he does not need to register with PTRB and a letter from him saying that you are paying guests/lodgers in the house he owns is acceptable. They can check the property ownership details and see that the letter is from the owner of the house.

If the owner is living outside Ireland then you (the tenant) are required to hold a percentage of the rent and forward it to the taxman. That is your first problem with this arrangement - it is the tenant and not the landlord who is liable for the tax on the rent paid. You also need the registration with PTRB because as the owner does not live in the house there is a legal requirement that the tenancy be registered with PTRB.
BL