ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help: Provisional Degree Certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manishhemnani
Newly Registered

Help: Provisional Degree Certificate

Post by manishhemnani » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:36 pm

I cleared my B.Com in Apr-2003, but could not collect my degree certificate from the university (first you have to apply for degree in a particular 10 day period which is months after final year exam, for which the small advertisement is given in local newspaper). Anyways, the bottomline is that i do not have original degree certificate.

In place of the Original Degree, I am enclosing the following documents:
1. Provisional Degree Certificate: Says that Mr Manish has cleared final year exam in Apr-2003 and am eligible for B.Com Degree certificate which will be issued in convocation meeting only. This provisional certificate is issued in lieu of degree certificate".

2. Academic transcripts

3. Academic reference (from the proncipal), as mentioned in the application form

4. Marksheets for all 3 years

Would all these documents collectively fulfill the requirements with respect to qualificatiosn?? Veterans, please guide.

Thanks in anticipation

info_sucker12
Newly Registered

Re: Help: Provisional Degree Certificate

Post by info_sucker12 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:25 pm

If you didn’t collected your degree during convocation meeting.
You can apply it for separately … you will get it within 4-5 days.

manishhemnani wrote:I cleared my B.Com in Apr-2003, but could not collect my degree certificate from the university (first you have to apply for degree in a particular 10 day period which is months after final year exam, for which the small advertisement is given in local newspaper). Anyways, the bottomline is that i do not have original degree certificate.

In place of the Original Degree, I am enclosing the following documents:
1. Provisional Degree Certificate: Says that Mr Manish has cleared final year exam in Apr-2003 and am eligible for B.Com Degree certificate which will be issued in convocation meeting only. This provisional certificate is issued in lieu of degree certificate".

2. Academic transcripts

3. Academic reference (from the proncipal), as mentioned in the application form

4. Marksheets for all 3 years

Would all these documents collectively fulfill the requirements with respect to qualificatiosn?? Veterans, please guide.

Thanks in anticipation

manishhemnani
Newly Registered

Post by manishhemnani » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:43 pm

I could not even apply, I moved to mumbai immediately after my exam.

My concern is that provisional degree does not say that the "Degree was awarded". It just says that I am eligible. Is that good enough??

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:45 pm

Manish,

If you have time, it will be better if you apply for the degree (can request one of your frinds to do it for you). Academic qualification is one of the most important criteria under HSMP scheme.

Quoting from the HSMP guidelines: In exceptional circumstances we can consider evidence of academic qualification in the form of a letter from the awarding institution AND an academic transcript.

The original letter on the headed paper of the awarding institution from an authorised official should show:
Your name; and
The qualification awarded; and
The date of the award.
You should also include your academic transcript.

The academic transcript must include:
Your name;
The name of the academic institution; and
Course details; and
Confirmation of the award.

If the letter/transcript does not state what qualification has been ‘granted’/‘conferred’/ ‘awarded’ it cannot be considered as suitable evidence.

So the language of your provisional degree does not matter as long as you provide the aforementioned documents.

But please remember that Work Permits (UK) may be willing to consider alternative evidence in support of your claim for points associated with your highest level qualification in exceptional circumstances, such as if you have been affected by war or natural disaster.

It is very unlikely that HO would consider your case as exceptional (Having gradulated in 2003 - it would be difficult for them to believe that you have yet not been awarded a degree).

regards,

push_hsmp