ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Form (O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

StateExpress
Newly Registered

Settlement Form (O)

Post by StateExpress » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi all,

New member here and about to apply for ILR in March. On the form there is a section on evidence of all work related absences (including paid annual leave). Since I am currently on a Tier 1 General, I believe this section applies to me... Not sure what is required though, the form specifies a letter from employer detailing reasons for all absences from the UK including annual leave but to me (and most people on here I presume) it would be quite a tough one to obtain!

Does anyone here have any experience filling out this section? Some insight as to what is required/has been provided in the past would be helpful.

Thanks,

Nick

dk2011

Re: Settlement Form (O)

Post by dk2011 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:41 pm

If your abscences are less than 180 days in each qualifying year then you are fine. Don't bother too much about it.

leon92
Newly Registered

Post by leon92 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:16 pm

dk2011 wrote:If your abscences are less than 180 days in each qualifying year then you are fine. Don't bother too much about it.
I don't agree above. Even though it might be correct, the immigration rules clearly states that you need to provide letters:

1) From your employer

2) From yourself

3) Also evidence for compassionate and compelling reasons (I believe for long periods of time)

You need to write every single absences from UK (Part days not included i.e departure and arrival dates) and you need to state the reason for these absences (paid annual leave, business travel etc)

Write this, get it signed by employer and stamped, also write yourself a letter, state that you have been absent *** number of days from UK and these are related to *** reasons,

For proof: Look at the employer's letter and travel stamps on my passport.

I am assuming you have not been out of the UK for more than 180 days in 12 months. Otherwise you need more evidence to provide.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:34 pm

Yes. immigration rule states that but generally you don't need it when absence is <=180 in each qualifying year.
it is based on the experience shared by forum members who have got ILR without it.