ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New EEA2 application or waiting for the appeal?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Moni
Newly Registered

New EEA2 application or waiting for the appeal?

Post by Moni » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:11 pm

I appealed against EEA2 back in August 2013, received a letter from court in November 2013 that my oral appeal hearing is September 2014. As it is a very long time to wait I wanted to apply for another EEA2. HO says that I can either have an appeal or an application, not both and when I send a new application they will ask me to withdraw one of them. On the other hand a solicitor told me that under EU law I can have both appeal and an application at the same time.
I appreciate your experience/advice in this regard.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: New EEA2 application or waiting for the appeal?

Post by Jambo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:17 pm

The solicitor is correct.

Why did they refuse the application?
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Moni
Newly Registered

Post by Moni » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:55 pm

It's a very long story.

My EEA4 was refused for the gap between employment and self-employed which was more than 6 months( I sent proofs that EEA national was looking for work and they did not accept that.After 7 months,they said the gap was greater than 6 months(I did not know that) and they refused my PR.

Having that refusal in the middle of employment check by my employer made me to apply for EEA2 in such a rush that I just sent the docs that were available at that time and it got refused again as HO said the docs I sent should be dated not longer than 3 weeks before application date(I did not even know that).

I have seen in this forum that some people appealed in Dec 2013 and their hearing is Jun/Jul but I appealed in Aug13 and my hearing is Sep14.

Having lost my job due to visa issue, I have gathered all the docs now for the hearing. I was thinking to apply while waiting. I want to be on the safe side and to apply for EEA2.

My Question is:
Can HO withdraw my appeal or my application on its own?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:58 pm

Moni wrote:Can HO withdraw my appeal
No.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)