ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Frequency of travel

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khanz

Frequency of travel

Post by khanz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:19 am

Hi all,

My mother has two years family visitors visa. She visited me from July 2013 to October 2013. The visa is still valid till March 2015. She visited UK in 2011 and 2012 for about 4 months each year. My question is that does she need to travel again at least after 6 months of her return to Pakistan. Would it be ok if she comes to UK in start of April 2014 which would be after staying almost 5 months out of UK?

thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Frequency of travel

Post by MPH80 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:12 pm

There used to be a rule that said you could spend no more than 6 months in any 12 in the UK - that rule has been removed and replaced with general guidance to say that the individual should not be living in the UK by proxy (e.g. taking short trips out to make it look like they aren't).

However, the new guidance doesn't say how long someone would be in the UK in any year before being considered resident.

So we have to fall back to the original rule for the best guidance.

But having said all that - given she spent 4 months here - there shouldn't be a problem with her returning in April.

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:51 pm

khanz wrote:Hi all,

My mother has two years family visitors visa. She visited me from July 2013 to October 2013. The visa is still valid till March 2015. She visited UK in 2011 and 2012 for about 4 months each year. My question is that does she need to travel again at least after 6 months of her return to Pakistan. Would it be ok if she comes to UK in start of April 2014 which would be after staying almost 5 months out of UK?

thanks
She can travel any time she like and she should be fine. But it will be wise not to spent more than six months in any one visit within 12 months.

O you question, the answer is she does required (compelled) travel again after 6 months of her return to Pakistan. There is no restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the UK nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits. However, the Immigration Rules state that the applicant must show that they do not intend to live in the UK for extended periods through frequent and successive visits.

Read more here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1/#header4

khanz

Post by khanz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Thanks for the replies.
I highly appreciate your help.