ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PTE Academic English test Scores

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gprit

PTE Academic English test Scores

Post by gprit » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:50 am

Forgive if not in correct forum(!).
My Thai wife will want to apply for UK Spouse Visa soon.
She took the Pearson PTE Academic Test yesterday (which was way too heavy) - but we do not know whether the scores are acceptable to UKBA or not.
It seems Reading and Writing can be ignored.
UKBA are only interested in Listening and Speaking.

However I do not know whether these have to reach pass mark separately or whether they can be combined (I have read that pass mark is 24).
She scored 29 in Listening and 22 in Speaking. so pass/fail???

BUT - if you combine the two scores she gets 25.5 overall - seemingly a pass mark.

Can anyone clarify???

AA1
Newly Registered

Re: PTE Academic English test Scores

Post by AA1 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi

The Pearson PTE test is acceptable and the benefit of this test is the quick turnaround of test results, however it is a bit expensive compared to other tests.

Your wife needs speaking and listening and a pass in both aspects at 24 marks or above. So 24 or above for listening and 24 or above for speaking. From her test results she will need to do the test again.