ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help .. naturalisation app not filled in properly!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

azimx
Newly Registered

Help .. naturalisation app not filled in properly!!

Post by azimx » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:41 pm

hi everyone..
i am really worrying about the recent naturalisation application i have made for my wife.
In section 1.28 (Your mothers date of birth?) i forgot to fill that section in..(i know how thick am i) although i did fill the rest in.
what makes it worse is that i applied via NCS service..who also did not spot the mistake.
she is applying as wife of BC and has been resident here for 7 years now. she has ILR and passed the test.
i am really worried that i will either lose my £655 AND have to fork out another £655 which we cant afford. Or they might want to check her mothers details out, via the notorious checking companies they use..which may drag the application into several months or years as some unlucky members here have had the unfortunate experience off!
is their anything we can do??
would appreciate any ideas whatsoever.
Thanks.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:06 pm

Did you just remember or did you make a copy and now see it?

maveli62

Post by maveli62 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:18 pm

I think those details are only for naturalsation based on ancestory. I didn't fill those (as a matter of fact neither me or my parents know those exact dates) and I got mine approved.

tdpff3

Post by tdpff3 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:26 pm

No big deal, just write to the Home Office with Home Office ref # you would have received in your acknowledgement letter and furnish the information.

There is no need to worry. Section 1.28 is to verify whether your wife is entitled to British Citizenship through parentage. According to your information she is applying for naturalization being your spouse who is a British Citizen.

azimx
Newly Registered

Post by azimx » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:39 pm

@tdpff3 i have not received any thing back from the home office as of yet.
@SYH i have a copy that the NCS made for me..looking through that i see i didnt fill that in .the situation is similar to maveli62 in that my wifes mother does not have any records (passport etc) but she had a rough idea..she had left it blank awaiting to see if her mum could find any birth certifacte or some form of doctors record or something....it had been a while since and we had forgotton...
in any case my mother in law phoned yesterday..she cannot find any record to prove her D.O.B....
shall i leave it as it is....or should i still write to them explaining we dont know her EXACT date of birth ?
cheers for all the advise so far.

tdpff3

Post by tdpff3 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:30 pm

shall i leave it as it is
Yes,

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:39 pm

azimx wrote:@tdpff3 i have not received any thing back from the home office as of yet.
@SYH i have a copy that the NCS made for me..looking through that i see i didnt fill that in .the situation is similar to maveli62 in that my wifes mother does not have any records (passport etc) but she had a rough idea..she had left it blank awaiting to see if her mum could find any birth certifacte or some form of doctors record or something....it had been a while since and we had forgotton...
in any case my mother in law phoned yesterday..she cannot find any record to prove her D.O.B....
shall i leave it as it is....or should i still write to them explaining we dont know her EXACT date of birth ?
cheers for all the advise so far.
I don't have the application but what others are asking whether the info is required, if not, then leave it alone, if it is required, then write in with the ref number and the current info.

azimx
Newly Registered

Post by azimx » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:47 pm

THANX guys for the help.
just like to say have been reading this board (as a guest) for a few months now...cant beleive how helpfull most people here are.
bigup to everyone what is making this forum tick :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:43 pm

On the BIA website I have spotted :-
Applicants should enclose all supporting documents with their applications. If documents are not received one request will be issued giving 21 days to reply. Failure to reply within this time limit may lead to the application being refused.
-: and whilst that mentions documents I suspect that they would apply the same policy for missing answers to questions on the form.

I feel sure that they would not simply reject the application because of the missing date of birth but instead would give an opportunity to supply the information.

However for reasons already stated above, by others, they might not even worry about the omission.
John