ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent (Outside UK)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Giritrah
Newly Registered

Post by Giritrah » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:29 pm

Thanks a lot for your speedy response.

1.it is Vaf4a,but which appendixes (1 or 2) to be used for wife and also my son.

please confirm.

stitaprajna

Re: In the same boat

Post by stitaprajna » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:12 pm

venugopal1 wrote:
I am also in the same boat, I am going to get married this june, my current visa status is "Indefinite leave to remain", I was on Tier 1 before. I am not sure in what category I should apply for my wife. Should I apply for her in PBS defendant or Settlement.

Cheers,
Venu
After spending (wasting) lot of time due to that confusing policy, we consulted an attorney in UK for just one advice costing 25 GBP and applied for Settlement visa and got it !!

Now, I am struggling to find a job opportunity in IT. Looks like market is very bad so still hanging on here in India :(
Many Thanks,
Stit

rockstar2k4

British Citizen dependent

Post by rockstar2k4 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi,

I’m a British Citizen and applying for my spouse’s dependent visa.

My spouse is working in IT company. Can someone please advise does she has to provide any document from her company?

Thank you

Giritrah
Newly Registered

Which appendix

Post by Giritrah » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:36 am

Hi all,
Please can some one clear my confusion and advise me
I got ilr on 10 yrs long residence in jun-2012, my visa the was work permit (old style WP & not PBS).my wife had dependent visa(expired 29-04-2013).

Now my wife (indian national)and my 1 and half year old son(USA national) are in India and I want to bring them as dependents...

I went to 3 different advisers(2 OISC's and 1 solicitor) and still i am in the confusion of

1.which category they apply for entry clearance.
2.i am aware that I should show annual income-22,400
3.which forms should I use for each of them( is it Vaf4a and appendix2 for both or any different)

Please convey me ..

For the above issue which Appendix should I use for
1.my wife &
2.my son.

And is there any limit on the documents included in the application like not to exceed such n such weight etc.

Thanks

Giritrah

jara777
Newly Registered

Applying for children visa

Post by jara777 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Hello Gurus, I've been trying to find the information about bringing my children to the UK but to no avail. My children are abroad. In order to bring them here do I need to apply in my home country or I can apply here in the UK.
Your help would be appreciated.

jara777

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:39 pm

Home country.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jara777
Newly Registered

Post by jara777 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

ILR-Dependant Visa from India To UK.

Post by nani_varaprasad » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi admins,

I am too having the same situation, but just got confirmed with the above posts saying I have to apply for settlement dependent Visa.

I am Living in UK under ILR(Previous HMSP 2years+Tier-1 3Years) and been confused with settlement and PBS dependent application forms.

I am planning to bring my wife under dependant Visa to UK from India. As going through all the information I came to know this has to be done by online Application Form in India.

I check visa4Uk website and asked my wife to fill out all the required details. She selected settlement and done all the major sections. She noticed a issue under Sponsor's section in online application form. " What is their relationship to you?" and I don't see any option for [1] Husband [2] Partner [3] Spouse [4] Wife. Only option left is []Other Relative. I am in dilemma whether to choose Other Relative or should I fill in Sponsor Details section itself.

Can you please guide me in the right path. Thanks.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:22 pm

if i remember correctly, choose relative and proceed further then you would get wife option.

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

Post by nani_varaprasad » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi Rivercam,

Thanks for your quick reply. I am already inside the online application form and filling out sections by sections.

So when I went to Sponsor section where there are bunch of questions given to be answered.

for example: Is your sponsor is currently living in the UK?
When did they arrive in the UK?
What is their status in the UK?
Date of Permanent Residency?
Where is your sponsor now?
What is their relationship to you?

so when I came to last question there are no options for [1] Husband [2] Partner [3] Spouse [4] Wife. I cant even able to type atleast of my own choice. Not sure if this is an application error or should I choose Relative for this question.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:29 pm

unless it changed recently, this is the extract of my wife's application:
100 SPONSOR'S GIVEN NAME(S)
101 SPONSOR'S FAMILY NAME
102 HAS YOUR SPONSOR BEEN KNOWN BY ANY OTHER NAMES? NO
103 SPONSOR'S SEX
104 SPONSOR'S DATE OF BIRTH
105 SPONSOR'S PLACE OF BIRTH
106 SPONSOR'S COUNTRY OF BIRTH
107 SPONSOR'S NATIONALITY
108 DOES YOUR SPONSOR HOLD ANY OTHER NATIONALITY?
109 SPONSOR'S NORMAL COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE UK
110 HOW EXACTLY ARE YOU RELATED TO YOUR SPONSOR? HE IS MY HUSBAND.

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

Post by nani_varaprasad » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:44 pm

Looks like it has changed in the new website. Because I cant find the options. don't know what to do here except selecting the option for 'other relative'.

Also, can you please confirm do I have to fill in Appendix-2 along with the application VAF4A for settlement?

Under the new website, while filling the application for settlement dependant they didn't ask anything to fill out Appendices except the sponsorship form SU07/12. but when you open VAF4A form separately from Home Office website, in the application under page 12 they asked to fill a right appendix along the form and submit it. Both looks misleading online and paper version. can you please confirm on this.

Do I need to show any fund maintenance for my dependant? if so, can I show the amount in my wife's bank account in india?

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:30 pm

yes you need to submit appendex 2. I assume you meet financial requirement.If you meet that, you dont need to maintain specific funds in either of your accounts. please check other requirements like english skills,accomdation proof of contact with your wife etc

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

Post by nani_varaprasad » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks Very Much for your prompt responses.

Yup I meet financial requirements. The only issue am having is with the sponsor section where I am unable to select right option other than 'relative'.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Contact your VFS Application center and let your concerns about online application problems and sometimes they would allow you correct the application manually.

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

ILR-Dependant Visa from India To UK

Post by nani_varaprasad » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:01 am

VFS India is of no help. Called many number of times but every time they say just search in online for all the information. They cant help anything more than that.

Can I ask is the passport issuing authority is - Republic of India?

thomas_mathews11
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Dependent (Outside UK)

Post by thomas_mathews11 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Dear nani_varaprasad
Just saw your post. I have the same issue.
Did you find out that is option to filled in "What is their relationship to you? " in the online form

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

Post by nani_varaprasad » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:09 am

Hi Mathew,

I kept other relative for that option. Had no issue. You have to fill settlement-wife online application.

I dropped 24 december 2013 in hyderabad and got the dependant visa exactly after 30 working days which is feb 7th 2014.

Thanks.

thomas_mathews11
Newly Registered

Post by thomas_mathews11 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:10 pm

Thank you very much nani_varaprasad for the prompt reply.
It was very useful, i could not this information elsewhere.

alladin
United Kingdom

Re: In the same boat

Post by alladin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:09 am

venugopal1 wrote:Hi das.sourav, stitaprajna, meetvans

I am also in the same boat, I am going to get married this june, my current visa status is "Indefinite leave to remain", I was on Tier 1 before. I am not sure in what category I should apply for my wife. Should I apply for her in PBS defendant or Settlement.

I am in understanding that I should apply in PBS defendant.

Have you guys got any updates on this?. It would help me as well. Thanks!

Cheers,
Venu

As stated in the previous posts, apply as dependent of a settled person.

alladin

nani_varaprasad
Newly Registered

Post by nani_varaprasad » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:23 am

Hi Alladin,

I also been same as you.You should apply for settlement-wife online application. Its not PBS.

I applied and got the dependant visa for my wife in 30 working days. Applied on Dec 24 2013 and got the visa on Feb 7th 2014. This is in hyderabad. Let me know if you need any info.Good Luck.

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:24 am

Hi Venu,

I am in same boat, finally which category did you apply and got visa?

Thanks,