ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony. Can i go to a different council?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mcove
Newly Registered

Ceremony. Can i go to a different council?

Post by mcove » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:35 am

I appologise if the question has been answered before but I honestly could not find the answer on the forum.

I have just received the approval for my citizenship application. When i called the council to book the ceremony they told me the earliest date is two months from now.

Could anyone answer if I can attend a ceremony in a different council if it turns out they have earlier dates available.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ceremony. Can i go to a different council?

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:28 am

if you want to go to another council,your certificate will be returned to ukba by the current council ad then ukba will need to send it on after you have requested the change. so waiting two months for a public ceremony might be quicker anyway.

check if your council has any private ceremony slots available. this will cost extra thougg.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mcove
Newly Registered

Re: Ceremony. Can i go to a different council?

Post by mcove » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:00 am

thanks for the answer. yeah, i know about a private ceremony option.
for some reason i thought that group ceremonies should be more frequent than that.
i guess i am just pissed off that after three months wait for the approval it is another two months.
so cruel. :(