ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born Outside UK :: Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrehanashraf

Child Born Outside UK :: Registration

Post by mrehanashraf » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:11 am

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 (General) visa valid till Nov 2016 and I will be eligible for ILR by Dec 2014. My question is Do my child (born outside UK and living with me in the UK since May 2010) has to apply for ILR with me and wife or he can directly apply for Registration (as a British Citizen) after spending 5 years on Tier 1 (General) Dependent visa? I will have ILR by the time his 5 years will complete.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Re: Child Born Outside UK :: Registration

Post by lynxukauq » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:14 pm

You will need to wait until one of you become BC or in the process of becoming BC.

You can include his registration when you apply for BC.

You do not need to include him with your ILR application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Born Outside UK :: Registration

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:09 pm

for children born outside the uk, ILR is required in order to apply on MN1 under section 3(1) which is at discretion, so no, you cannot skip ILR.

to apply for BC, you can apply for child at thr same time you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.