ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier to PBS dep/ ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saboo
Newly Registered

Tier to PBS dep/ ILR

Post by saboo » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:03 pm

I have the following history
Jan 2009- tier 1 dep
Nov 2010- Moved to tier 2 as doc in training
Nov 2013 - Ext of tier 2 - now leave to remain till 2016
Husband on Tier 1- due ILR March 2015

I have three questions.
1.Can I change to my husbands dependent in country as it will open my job prospects as training ends Aug 2014.

2.Will I be able to apply for ILR dependent if I change in aug 2014- or if I wait for him to get his ILR. will my counter start again or I will get passport/ ILR same time as him.

In short I need to know the quickest route to ILR in my situation.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier to PBS dep/ ILR

Post by manci » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:43 pm

the quickest route to ILR is to stay on T2 and apply in Oct 2015.

You can switch to T1 dependant in-country but then your ILR clock will be reset and you will have wait a further 5 years for ILR. You will also be eligible to apply under the long residence (10 year) rules in Dec 2018.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:15 am

I am on tier 2 as well, and My partner is a doc and looking for doctor in training positions. So i have thought a lot about what should be done and not.
I will suggest the following to u.
First determine how safe is your husband job. If it is completely safe, ie, he is 100% sure that he will continue working for them until next year, then u can change to tier 2 dependent asap, as this will increase ur potential of getting new jobs (training once this finishes).
Although changing to your husband tier 2, u will have to stay on dependen visa for at least 5 years from the day you become his dependent.
If you continue on your own tier 2, problem is, what if you dont find training further, and will have to change to dependent visa later (once this current contract expires).
answers to your questions
1 yes
2 no

saboo
Newly Registered

Post by saboo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Just to clarify again
If my spouse gets ilr in march 2015- can I switch from tier 2 to being his ILR dependent then will my counter reset as well

saboo
Newly Registered

Post by saboo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:01 pm

I believe there is a form FLR(M) for extension of stay for ILR spouses

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:56 pm

saboo wrote:Just to clarify again
If my spouse gets ilr in march 2015- can I switch from tier 2 to being his ILR dependent then will my counter reset as well
your 5 year counter will be reset, your 10 year counter will continue ticking

saboo
Newly Registered

swtich from tier 2 to flr( m)

Post by saboo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Hello
Can my wife who is on tier 2 general - been in this country for more that 2 years- economically active- switch to being my ilr dependent using FLR ( M) form and then apply through SET(O).
Thanks