ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uday2509

ILR Checklist

Post by uday2509 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:02 pm

Hello All,

I will be applying for ILR soon with PEO appointment,could someone please advise me if I am missing anything...

I am applying under Tier 1 general category using SET(0) with 1 dependant.

Tier 1 Visa valid from 03/03/2009 till 03/03/2014
Arrived in UK : 15th March 2009
ILR application PEO appointment date is on FEB 10th 2014.

working in same company since last 5 years

Documents:

1)Last 12 months payslips and bank statements showing my salary.
2)5Yrs P60's
3)Cohab Docs (6 various sources spreading across 2 years)
4)LIUK Test certificate for myself and dependant
5)I have already proven the language requirement during my initial application,for my wife I am submitting her Masters ( which is done in UK) certificate.
6) 2 photographs each
7) Employer letter with SOC code.

I am assuming there is no cover letter needed with this application.

I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,
Uday

chiru09
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Checklist

Post by chiru09 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:53 pm

1. SA Tax returns for the past 2 years

2. Letter of absenses from UK with proofs

Hope this helps

uday2509

Post by uday2509 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Hey Thanks,

1. SA Tax??? I am not self employed, could you please clarify what you referring to.

2. My absences from UK are less than 180 each year ( they are 80 all together in 5 years), I dont think I need to provide a proof for my absences if they are less than 180 days each year.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
uday

uday2509

Post by uday2509 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:29 am

Anybody please?

chiru09
Newly Registered

Post by chiru09 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi Uday,

sorry for late reply.

SA tax , i mean Self Assessment tax returns, I think its not just related to self-employed. Anyone in UK who is paying tax should have gone through this in filling this form and filing the returns. As you look like employed by a company, I think you should be filing them every year.

and regarding absenses letter with proofs, I mentioned it because I am a safe game player. I am not sure about the rule of if < 180days no need to show proof. Please check this with other ppls experience , they are submitting it as well. I will suggest to put it as well to avoid issues if any (why to take risk when you are paying high fees for PEO and to avoid unnecessary headaches)

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Arun

harshil223
United Kingdom

Post by harshil223 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:09 pm

chiru09 wrote:Hi Uday,

sorry for late reply.

SA tax , i mean Self Assessment tax returns, I think its not just related to self-employed. Anyone in UK who is paying tax should have gone through this in filling this form and filing the returns. As you look like employed by a company, I think you should be filing them every year.

and regarding absenses letter with proofs, I mentioned it because I am a safe game player. I am not sure about the rule of if < 180days no need to show proof. Please check this with other ppls experience , they are submitting it as well. I will suggest to put it as well to avoid issues if any (why to take risk when you are paying high fees for PEO and to avoid unnecessary headaches)

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Arun
why SA tax returns are needed? if you are normal employee and your tax get deducted at source only, I don't think there is need to fill in tax return. however if you get some benefits and are given P11D from the employer than you should do SA. however I don't see SA tax return as manadatory requirement anywhere in SET-O form if PaySlips and Bank Statements are provided.

also if absenses are non work related and are taken as per regular vacation, why to provide any proofs. If OP got BRP card, all will be in it if not dates would be there in the passport.

uday2509

Post by uday2509 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:20 pm

Hey Guyz,

Thank you both for your inputs, that make sense...am I missing anything from required documents?

Regards,
Uday

chiru09
Newly Registered

Post by chiru09 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:01 pm

hi harshil223,

Please get validated by experienced ppl as well if you think my suggestion doesnt work. I might be right or wrong, I told based on my knowledge and others experiences i have seen .

All the best !!

harshil223
United Kingdom

Post by harshil223 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:23 pm

I am naturalized in the UK now and hold british passport. however I have never submitted SA returns when I applied for settlement and later naturalization eventhough I did file tax returns as my employer used to send me P11D. i know couple of my friends who never did SA and still they are naturalized as well.

also I had never submitted any letter from my employers for the days I was out of UK. if you are out of UK for more than stipulated limit and if they are work related then you need employer letter. othewise everyone can have vacation and go wherever (s)he want to go and apply for settlement as long as they are not out of country breaching the limit.

i actually don't like people sending more than required documents. if the case is straight forward, no complexities then should send just the minimum required docuements. i can understand its basic human anxiety that lead us to submit all documents that we got but I strongly believe that it's not required. so its not about being right or wrong as it's about perception only.

uday2509

Post by uday2509 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:32 pm

You are absolutely right Harshil, there is no requirement to submit SA returns if you are not self employed, coming to the absences as you said there is no need to submit the proof if you are not out of the country for more than 180 days.

Amber already clarified this in several posts...

Thanks much for your inputs, much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Uday

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:57 pm

Agree with Harish and Uday that neither SA or absent letter is required...

But I need to know, is P60 mandatory? I read few threads where it says P60 is not required.

Do we need to provide any letters from employers?

Please clarify, friends.

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:07 pm

sachin01663 wrote:Agree with Harish and Uday that neither SA or absent letter is required...

But I need to know, is P60 mandatory? I read few threads where it says P60 is not required.

Do we need to provide any letters from employers?

Please clarify, friends.
Both documents are not mandatory. But if you can get them its better to have them in the bag when you go to PEO.

sachin01663

Post by sachin01663 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:20 pm

Thanks smartkhan for your prompt replies in all the threads.

Sachin