ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British Passport on urgent basis

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nmm

First British Passport on urgent basis

Post by nmm » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi Friends,

I have received the naturalization approval letter today.

I need to travel to my home country in first week on April and I want to get the British passport before that.

If the ceremony time not available on the urgent basis with the council on the approval letter, can we book with any other council office?

Can we apply for first British passport on urgent basis. I cannot find "First Adult Passport" option in the fee section:
https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: First British Passport on urgent basis

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:24 pm

If you choose to change the council location, your certificate will be sent back to the UKBA and then resent to the new council.

There is no option for 'urgent' first adult passport. You will have to apply, go for an interview and wait for your passport to arrive. Current waiting times are approximately 3-4 weeks but it can take up to 6 weeks.

Why can't you travel using your home country passport if it is so urgent?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

msvayani

Post by msvayani » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:20 pm

You can also request for private ceremony at your local council but it cost around £70

nmm

Post by nmm » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:30 pm

CR001 wrote: Why can't you travel using your home country passport if it is so urgent?
Can we travel on home country passport and BRP after ceremony and before applying for passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:32 pm

nmm wrote:Can we travel on home country passport and BRP after ceremony and before applying for passport?
Yes you can and carry your naturalisation certificate too. My daughter has done this a few times last year and hasn't had any problems.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.