ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

accompanied visa for disabled child

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

craig_m67
Newly Registered

accompanied visa for disabled child

Post by craig_m67 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:18 pm

Hi

I need some advice about 'accompanied' visa (spouse and child) - I'm a dual British/Australian citizen - my spouse and child are here on acompained visas. We have a second child who has since been born in the UK.

One of the many reasons for moving to the UK was to access the superior medical and therapeutic services available to our disabled child here and in the EU.

My partner has been asked to write an article for a national newspaper in Australia to highlight the deficiencies in services for disabled children there. The purpose of the article is to highlight the fact that Australian parents are emigrating (NZ/UK/EU) because their children's needs aren't being properly met.

We are concerned that the article could identify/brand my partner and child as having migrated to the UK speicifically to access medical services and that this would jeopardise visa renewal and ILR.

Is there any reason for caution in going ahead with what we consider an important personal story that has national political focus in the run up to an Australian election?

kind regards

Craig & Family

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:21 am

I do not think that your story, which is intended to be published in Australia, should have any impact on your family's UK visas. But if you are still jittery about it, why not use pseudonyms in your story?