ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Underpaid Tax for employment/Change of Circumstances

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajbhatta

Underpaid Tax for employment/Change of Circumstances

Post by ajbhatta » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi,

I will very soon be applying for my Naturalization.

I have two questions w.r.t to the point covered under the good behavior aspect.

1. I was made redundant in Nov 2012 (Serco), after which I got a job with a Telecom company in Feb 2013, where i worked for a precisely a month. I got my pay and i quite as i got a job with the NHS in March 2013. Obviously i did not get a P45 from the previous Telecom company so when joining the NHS i provided them with the P45 from the place (Serco) were i was made redundant. Due to this error of mine I got over paid £400 on my first paycheck with the NHS in March 2013. I got a letter from HMRC a month later about the the fact that i owe them £400, which was agreed to be collected in installments from the next financial year which would start from April 2014. Although I intend to pay it off this month to avoid complications. My question is that would this affect my application for Naturalization in anyway?

2. I and my wife (Who is a British born citizen) applied for child tax credit in August 2013. At the time she was working 16 hours a week so we were eligible for the child tax credit on joint application (Obviously the payments were made to her account). But from October onward's she had to start working full time. This is a change in circumstance which obviously needed to be informed to HMRC; but due to various reasons we kept on delaying it till she finally called up in Jan 2014 and had them stop the child tax credits.
My question is that would this affect my application for Naturalization in anyway?

Please note that I am applying through the 3 year - British spouse option.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Underpaid Tax for employment/Change of Circumstances

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:16 am

I can't see any issues. There may be a tax credits overpayment, but shouldn't affect naturalisation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ajbhatta

Post by ajbhatta » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:47 pm

Under the Nationality Policy Guidance and Casework Instruction: Section 6: Financial Soundness: 6.3 Dishonesty in Relation to Public Funds.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

My worry is that they might think we have been dishonest and that could act as a negative point.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:33 pm

No, they shouldn't, you're reading too much into it.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ajbhatta

Post by ajbhatta » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:23 pm

Thank you so much, Amber. My friends also say the same.