ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirements - Sponsoring Child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sherza

Financial Requirements - Sponsoring Child

Post by Sherza » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:39 am

Hi

I understand that you must have an income of at least £18,600 to sponsor someone from abroad if you are on ILR or British Citizen. If someone on ILR has a partner on ILR and two children as British citizens already living with him in the UK and want to bring/sponsor another child from abroad, does this £18,600 baseline go up.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Financial Requirements - Sponsoring Child

Post by Amber » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 pm

The financial requirement does not apply to child applications. Instead, you merely have to show adequate maintenance and accommodation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sherza

Post by Sherza » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:18 pm

The financial requirement does not apply to child applications. Instead, you merely have to show adequate maintenance and accommodation.
Thanks Amber

bhargav24

Post by bhargav24 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:21 pm

I think you have to full fill that requirement of 18600.IT is for one person. your wife and two children are here so you have to.I never heard this before sponsoring a child not need that requirement. so talk to a solicitor my friend,OR wait for supreme court judgement.

Sherza

Post by Sherza » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:47 pm

bhargav24 wrote:I think you have to full fill that requirement of 18600.IT is for one person. your wife and two children are here so you have to.I never heard this before sponsoring a child not need that requirement. so talk to a solicitor my friend,OR wait for supreme court judgement.
Hi Bhargav24

Thanks for your reply. I am able to fulfil the basic requirement of 18600. I was originally worried if I had to show the maintenance for all my family. But that is not the case from what you and Amber said. So I hope I am safe here. I will try to prepare my full maintenance case as they will require good maintenance anyway.

Thanks again

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:36 am

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:30 pm

bhargav24, please refrain from posting if you do not know the rules. What I have stated is correct.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bhargav24

Post by bhargav24 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:21 pm

AMBER I am sorry if you don't like my post.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:49 am

It's not a question of like or dislike on Amber's part - it's a question of a post without any qualification ("I think ...") being factually incorrect.