ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got sponsorship Do I need to write ENGLISH eligibility test?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kuttan
Newly Registered

Got sponsorship Do I need to write ENGLISH eligibility test?

Post by Kuttan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Hi Experts

I am going back to India within 2 months. I have currently ICT one year visa. It wil expire in 2 months. I got a sponsor here. I wish to come back. I am planning to apply for Tier 2 general visa.

Do I need to appear for English Language Test. I did my masters in computer applications. It was full time course. But the university is not listed in UKBA site. Is it okay if I arrange a letter from my University saying the course was fully in ENGLISH?
OR do I need to appear for tests like IELTS?

-kind regards
Jenish

hammad2224
Newly Registered

Re: Got sponsorship Do I need to write ENGLISH eligibility t

Post by hammad2224 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:44 am

if you could arrange a letter from your university that can assure that you studied there and university varifies that then you dont need to do the English Test.
when you do the self assesment test on UKBA site for your visa then they grant you English language points if you have studies in a college or university which is approved as an english language institute as basic
UKBA list of colleges and universities is for Tier 4.

Kuttan
Newly Registered

Post by Kuttan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Dear Friend,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that,

A) If I arrange a letter from my University saying I completed my Post Graduate Course fully in English, that will be fine

B) When I did the self assessment test in Points calculator, I missed the 10 Points( Assessment results 0 Points) because my university was NOT listed. So will it be still OK if I get a letter from my University?

-Kind regards
Jenish

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 pm

Changing from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General may require 12 month cooling period.
Its worth checking it in detail.