ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Member with Appeal on 10th March In London

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

almagirl
Newly Registered

New Member with Appeal on 10th March In London

Post by almagirl » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:56 am

Hi Guys

Hope you are all doing well. I am super happy to finally be joining the forum

I applied for my visa on the 29th of December 2012. It was refused in July 2013 and I was given the hearing date for March 2014. The reason for refusal were as follows:

That I did not provide evidence that the business has a business premises in the UK(It is currently a home based business and just this month, I have secured a space in central London)
and that I have not provided evidence of being self employed from HMRC although my business is a ltd company.

They did not award points for the fund being held under a UK financial institution. (I supplied a letter from HSBC and I managed to get the bank manager to write the letter in the exact words of the Home Office.

And of course no points were awarded for the funds being available in the UK.

I feel that the appeal is straight forward but from all the horror stories I have read, I will definitely be using a barrister.

I am thinking of sending all the documents that I sent for the initial application. My sister wants me to add a business plan and my accounts to date to strengthen my application. Is this an unnecessary step that will further complicate issues? Please note that I have already spent £6000 pounds for products. So the funds in my account which have been maintained for a year now is 45000.(Includes maintenance funds)

Shah05

Re: New Member with Appeal on 10th March In London

Post by Shah05 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:28 am

Hi welcome to the forum, can u please let us known what is the mature of ur pbusiness?

Ur case seems to be positive to win, regarding business premises, I will suggest u to attach a copy of premises rent/ purchase documents with appeal bundle. if business is trading take those documents as well, business plan might not require, but if u can try to make one by ur self. Not compulsory to registered self employed, as far as u r the director u can use divident funds every month/quarter/yearly. For finding u wont find much difficulty. But also attach of the copy of funds being held by financial institution in ur appeal bundle.

Goblin

Post by Goblin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi,

Good Luck for your appeal. Your case is strong, but it would be wise to go through a barrister. In appeal you cannot add new documents but you should as Shah has suggested. Even, I had added when I had my appeal stating that if HO would have requested me for further details/doc (based on Evidential Flexibility Policy) then I would have been able to supply as I have them now but instead they chose to refuse my application straight away.

Good Luck

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:48 pm

I'm Glad to see that you are super happy being on board, as this forum has not yet turned down anyone's expectations in terms of providing information.
I have picked up few things over your post according to my understanding or how I see things, with a hope It should help you with your quires.

securing a place is a term which is used to show any intended plans or business will be or is operated from, securing place should mean in your case that you are actually providing services from there.

a business as required should be a UK business in order to meet this requirement its the current appoint report that entails your and your company( business )details that make it UK business, if you provided that at the time of applicant was the sufficient evidence however you would have filed the company accounts(HMRC)by now as your company is older than one year that also means you have sufficient evidences your business to be a UK business. make sure your lawyer understand every aspects involved.

if you provided Home office with a bank letter in suggested format at the time of application it could be said that scoring points was subject to meeting above mentioned requirements before the bank letter as case worker did not say anything if its the Bank letter they are not satisfied with.

regardless of how Good you are for such a matter as this your should still have lawyer a for the preparation of the bundle and representation in the court, it costs substantial money hiring such services but its the benefits make it worthwhile.

your case as normally seen will be seen in junction with information you provide at the time of application as I said above if you provided the current appoint report at the time of application it should kill the objection

in addition to above there is something that you should do is to arrange yourself amount totally all your amount £50,000 and maintenance £900 on top of that as available before the money you have already invested, it is also seen its hard to prove invested money as invested even if you do provide director's loan at the time of application.
thanks,

almagirl
Newly Registered

Post by almagirl » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Thanks guys very helpful suggestions. I am looking for a barrister now so please advice if you know anyone. I need a fighter on my side. :D I cant wait to take UKBA on. I had to hold on to the funds or a year and 3 months so I am definitely not happy!

Entreprenuersweare
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Entreprenuersweare » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:38 pm

almagirl wrote:Hi Guys

Hope you are all doing well. I am super happy to finally be joining the forum

I applied for my visa on the 29th of December 2012. It was refused in July 2013 and I was given the hearing date for March 2014. The reason for refusal were as follows:

That I did not provide evidence that the business has a business premises in the UK(It is currently a home based business and just this month, I have secured a space in central London)
and that I have not provided evidence of being self employed from HMRC although my business is a ltd company.

They did not award points for the fund being held under a UK financial institution. (I supplied a letter from HSBC and I managed to get the bank manager to write the letter in the exact words of the Home Office.

And of course no points were awarded for the funds being available in the UK.

I feel that the appeal is straight forward but from all the horror stories I have read, I will definitely be using a barrister.

I am thinking of sending all the documents that I sent for the initial application. My sister wants me to add a business plan and my accounts to date to strengthen my application. Is this an unnecessary step that will further complicate issues? Please note that I have already spent £6000 pounds for products. So the funds in my account which have been maintained for a year now is 45000.(Includes maintenance funds)

Hi Almagiri

All the best for your appeal hearing.

Just wanted to clarify a few points. Was it a team app? Were the funds held in your personal bank account? Please can you clarify what is the nature of your business and what was your designation? Also, when you are saying they did not gave you any points for funds in the UK regulated institution.

Thanks

almagirl
Newly Registered

Post by almagirl » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:05 pm

No the application was not a team application it was just my personal application and the money was held in the UK in my personal savings account. My business is manufacturing. I manufacture organic beauty products for the eyes. It is a really niche business. My degree was in Finance but I got into organic beauty before I finished Uni so I started this business after working in the city fr 1 year and hating every minute of it. I am the product development manger for my business. There is still quite a lot of research to be done for this industry. My company is one of the pioneers for organic beauty