ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of country, HSMP still valid???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xray girl
Newly Registered

Out of country, HSMP still valid???

Post by xray girl » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:56 am

Hi, I have been given a HSMP visa, valid until july 2010. I am currently out of the UK (departed nov 06) and wont be returning for a while. Does anyone know if my visa will still be valid if I try to re-enter in the next year or so?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:18 am

Initial Leave to Remain (ILR) or Further Leave to Remain (FLR) under HSMP is usually granted for a period of 2 years. I am surprised as to how you got a validity for 4 years (I am assuming that you got it in July 2006) !!

Anyways, there should be no issues with re-entering UK if the Validity of the VISA is till July 2007. There could however be issues with respect to FLR when you apply for one later on ( One should not be out of UK for a period more than 3 months, in order to use the prior period for being eligible for FLR - you may have to apply for a fresh HSMP then)

Comments from Senior members ??

xray girl
Newly Registered

Post by xray girl » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:15 am

Thanks for the tip. I was unsure if there would be an issue in reagrds to the declaration I made when I applied about making the UK ' my main home', and whether my being out of the country for a while affected this condition/requirement.
Any further ideas/comments greatly appreciated!