ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Whats your opinion - on effect of current London bombings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Indians are badly affected due to current terror plots in UK??

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 17

mayhsmp

Whats your opinion - on effect of current London bombings

Post by mayhsmp » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:33 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to know what the general feeling around is? Will the current happenings in UK lead to more stringent checks for all those applying for hsmp from India?

With so many big ppl there giving statements like the recruitment process will be reviewed and all, do you think it is advisable to go for HSMP option?

May be ppl currently in UK, can throw some light on the general feelings around there? Is this a good time to come to UK for job on HSMP??

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:44 pm

It is not just Indians, all south asian and non white immigrants will suffer because of such incidents. One just hopes that wider sense prevails among the British Population and they do not view all skilled migrants in the same light.

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:38 am

Yeah just hoping that they will apply some sensible filters before applying the same image to everyone.

But I was looking for some general views in tersm of, is this a good time to go to UK for job. I have a decent job here in India and have good prospects ahead in current position. But taking the financial side into consideration(the big conversion factor) had decided to take HSMP route into consideration. But with these recent happenings a little skeptical about the plan.

so wanted opinion on whether this is a good time to go to UK for job?

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:02 am

Here many may think that only UK muslims are badly affected. But thats not the case. Whatever religion it may be, whatever country it may be, there is only 3 category of people here in British people perspective Caucasians (whites), Blacks & Asians.

A white is a white whether he belongs to England or Germany or Italy or France or US.

A asian is a asian whether he is from India or Pakistan or Bangladesh or Srilanka. They usually wont differenciate asians in terms of country or religion. Even the british born asian race british citizen will be categorised as asians only.

But one good thing with UK is unlike other 3rd world countries people are well educated and higly cultured. They wont usually show any sort of discrimination bluntly in our face in normal time. But they are also humans they have a fear that their culture been highly polluted or encroached by asians. Because asian people usually use to follow the same culture what they followed back in home even in the immigrated country. They hardly adapt themselves fully to new culture, this has caused some inner anger to many british people over asians..

To be frank we asians need to change a lot, before blaming british people.

vs007

Post by vs007 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:04 am

Hi MayHSMP .. mine is also the similar case as yours ....

am really worried .... people already in UK would like to comment on this

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:58 am

Hi Guys,

hari15,Its absolutely pin point & Nail on the head.

They(British) really take so much risk in allowing immigrants, but the outcome is not that fruitfull evertime as they expect. They face problems like unemployment for locals,cultural exploitation,population(
Westerners like privacy) & now Terrorism.

Its hard to digest from their shoes. We cannot blame them when they take a step backward when it comes to welcoming asians here after. For them "We did so many good for you, but see wat you return me" stays in mind.

Finally, we cannot think all this and sit back. When 9/11 happened in US our engineers suffered a lot. But still we top the H1 quota ratio now.

Hence Change is the only thing which is Constant :lol: .

Lets hope for the best & lets all be human.

Cheers
ikon

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:35 am

hari15 wrote:To be frank we asians need to change a lot, before blaming british people.
Totally agreed...

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:39 pm

I agree with some thoughts of hari15, but the point here is not whether to blame them or not. The point is due to current happenings they might have some apprehensions about getting more 'asians' for jobs and I understand that they might be right in having the apprehensions as well. But as an asian person considering to come to uk for job, just wanted to know whether this is right time for it or not..

Thanks ikon1400.. I liked your point here :'Finally, we cannot think all this and sit back. When 9/11 happened in US our engineers suffered a lot. But still we top the H1 quota ratio now.' :)

So I think as of now I will still keep the hsmp option ON for me.. vs007 , what are you thinking? I have checked with few of my friends currently in UK. Their opinion is that there isnt much change it seems... But the PM comments that they need to review their recruitment process really got me worried!!! :( Thats why this attempt to know the general feelings around..

At the end, as ikon1400 rightly said, lets hope for best and lets all be human. :)

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:47 am

Hi mayhsmp,

I would urge you in this situation to keep calm & we can just slow down our pace in the HSMP venture. Because the decisions from HO might be drastic or even nothing.

So what ever you have planned just go ahead and accomplish. Even i have my EC pending which worries me a lot.

But if we have rights things in our store we can fight the HO even at their doorstep.

I have a question for some UK workers(HSMP from india), Is there still an hindrance among the employers to recruit HMSPians? (before balst or after balst)

Cheers
ikon

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:58 pm

Me too in same boat.. Have approval but havent applied for EC yet!!! Lets see.. Keeping my calms for now...
No one from UK seems to be interested in replying the situation there on job availability or rather hindrances in job due to these recent biases.. :roll:
Please guys reply.. It will really help us decide things.. :?

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:23 pm

hari15 wrote:Here many may think that only UK muslims are badly affected. But thats not the case. Whatever religion it may be, whatever country it may be, there is only 3 category of people here in British people perspective Caucasians (whites), Blacks & Asians.

A white is a white whether he belongs to England or Germany or Italy or France or US.

A asian is a asian whether he is from India or Pakistan or Bangladesh or Srilanka. They usually wont differenciate asians in terms of country or religion. Even the british born asian race british citizen will be categorised as asians only.

But one good thing with UK is unlike other 3rd world countries people are well educated and higly cultured. They wont usually show any sort of discrimination bluntly in our face in normal time. But they are also humans they have a fear that their culture been highly polluted or encroached by asians. Because asian people usually use to follow the same culture what they followed back in home even in the immigrated country. They hardly adapt themselves fully to new culture, this has caused some inner anger to many british people over asians..

hari15, you sound very intellegent.

This is just my opinion mind you, but I don't think you should take responsibility for other Asians. If you are living a good example, this is all anyone can ask of you.

LondonBlonde

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:23 pm

LondonBlonde wrote:
hari15 wrote:Here many may think that only UK muslims are badly affected. But thats not the case. Whatever religion it may be, whatever country it may be, there is only 3 category of people here in British people perspective Caucasians (whites), Blacks & Asians.

hari15, you sound very intellegent.

This is just my opinion mind you, but I don't think you should take responsibility for other Asians. If you are living a good example, this is all anyone can ask of you.

LondonBlonde
Very well said LondonBlonde. I dont understand what change is hari talking about. Whats the problem in asian culture? or for that matter what has culture to do with this at all??
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:01 am

Guys,

What Hari15 is tryin to say is not to chanege the culture that asians follow in their hometown. He says how asians find hard to adapt to a new culture and their reluctancy. There might be one or two exceptions like LondonBlonde,first2last4 who can get on with britishers easily. but the fact about a wholesum asians might be a differnt story.

Here we want to find about the feel in UK and it will be nice if we focus on the same to get inputs from uk living indians.

Cheers
ikon

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:32 pm

I think it is a problem that many (particularly women) from other countries don't learn English. I have a lot of clients who were originally from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and India, who have been in the UK for years but speak no English.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

and others too...

Post by global gypsy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:59 pm

avjones wrote:I think it is a problem that many (particularly women) from other countries don't learn English. I have a lot of clients who were originally from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and India, who have been in the UK for years but speak no English.
Same applies to immigrants from other countries too...e.g. Greece, Turkey, Italy, Poland, etc etc. What's your point?
Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans

mayhsmp

Post by mayhsmp » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:40 am

Hmmm.. It might apply to all world over..But I dont care about that... :x

All I want is the view point of people currently in UK on HSMP or may be other forms of visa and who know how the job scenario for migrants is. Are people okay with migrant asians applying for job.. or are there too many biases against after these terror incidences, which is reducing the job opportunities.... :?:

Please guys, tell us your views on this... And apart from that if you express you concerns about behaviour/manners of asians/migrants then I will read those and ensure that I dont belong to that type of people.. :? Now will you please tell something about jobs!!!!!! :(

petkanov

I think result will be

Post by petkanov » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:03 am

I think that the UK will make it way more difficult for Asians to come over, and I think that they will do that by dropping the restrictions on Bulgarians and Romanians. They will use that as an excuse to why limit other migration, as two more EU countries will be able to work without restriction in the UK. In the long run, I think they will refocus and start recruiting more migrants from the former soviet union: Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Russia, and possibly white people from the former colonies. Either way, I am not bothered because I am here temporarily. I am from BUlgaria, and wouldn't make the UK my permanent home. But I hope they get it right, so it works for the best of the UK, as it is a fellow EU state.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:28 am

My point is that IME women from those ethnic origins seem significantly less likely to learn English than other immigrants.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.