ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

50k Business Clarification EXPERTS ADVICE NEEDED

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qwedsasd
Newly Registered

50k Business Clarification EXPERTS ADVICE NEEDED

Post by qwedsasd » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:05 am

I got a question for EXPERTS ON TIER 1 entreprenuer visa through 50 k route.

i got tier 1 visa on 50k PSW route and am currently doing business through my current company where my work and the business satisfies the nqf level 4 and above criteria

Am i allowed to start another business using a different company name with myself as a director; but the new business will be doing work at nqf level 3. I do not intend to use either the money invested in the new company or the employees in the new company for the purpose of my visa extension. In fact i wouldn't be using the new company in any way to claim points for the visa extension, nor would be connected to my existing company in any way unless the fact that i am the director in both the companies. . the sole purpose of the new company is to supplement my existing income.

What i.e. to clarify is that if I have multilpe companies under my name; is it necessary tht each of these business and work being done be nqf level 4 and above; even though i do not intend to use these business to claim any points for visa extension.

qwedsasd
Newly Registered

Re: 50k Business Clarification EXPERTS ADVICE NEEDED

Post by qwedsasd » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi around 100 views and no reply.
Could any expert please clarify

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Re: 50k Business Clarification EXPERTS ADVICE NEEDED

Post by cpmlkhan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 am

Hello qwedsasd,

Certainly you can do as many businesses you want but make sure your main business is trading & you are fulfilling all the requirements, e.g £50 K investment etc. When you say "i will just show on the time of my extension that i am doing another business" so my advice to you that you do not need to complicate your life with HO. That's a concern of HMRC not HO.
In theory you are boosting UK's economy by doing more than 1 businesses. Hopefully you can understand what i am trying to say.

BEST OF LUCK