ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC database

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

venga_pal

NARIC database

Post by venga_pal » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:24 pm

Hi all,

Its my first post... Thought should be of some help.
I have just spoken to NARIC people to enquire about my course.

The details are given below.

Awarding Institution : Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
Title of Award : Bachelor of Technology in Metallurgy and Materials Technology
Assesment : Is considered comparable to British Bachelor (Honours) degree standard.

Cheers,
Venga_pal

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:57 pm

did u called the NARIC guys to ask this? do they answer this over the phone?

thanks

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:14 pm

Dear harakiri

Why do not U try to call NARIC and let us know whether they will let you know your degree is comparable with UK degree or not over the Phone (for free) ?.

Please tell us the result as this is a big help to other members as if the above statement were true, people did not need to spend time and money for NARIC verivication.

Here is their phone number: +44 (0870) 9904088

Pantaiema
harakiri wrote:did u called the NARIC guys to ask this? do they answer this over the phone?

thanks

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:01 pm

dear pantaiema

i know that NARIC people don't verify this over the phone, however the fact that venga_pal had mentioned the word 'spoken', i was taken aback.

sorry to waste your time.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:01 pm

Dear harakiri
your questiuon is actually a goood point.

This matter have actually been discussed in the following link:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ight=naric

Someone ('shahidsuri') have posted that they could get NARIC confirmation about his degree over the Phone from NARIC. And here again another person ('venga_pal') hasposted the same.

I have tried to call them and what I have got is just the direction how to apply for NARIC comparability letter. anybody else could confirm about this ????.

It is very interesting to know about this because, apart from what I have done (call them directly) the following also could come to mind:

- By doing this is NARIC would not loose their revenue, who will pay their customer service fee as it will defitely a large number of call come to them for FREE ???
- Why need to spend ?35.25 (?30 + 5.25 for VAT). If you could get it for free by calling them ?
- Why the previous HSMP applicants need to apply for NARIC comparability letter if they could get it for free ?
- Why need to spend time (at least three weeks for normal service in the UK)
- Why these guys (too many of them) need to set up a sticky thread in this forum entitle: NARIC Database Collection" if they could get it immedeately FOR FREE by calling NARIC, are they not well informed ????

see the following:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=13098

IF
the above statement raised by 'Shahidsuri'and 'venga_pal'
were true then it would be a break through/great help to other members as U did not need to spend time and money for NARIC verification. U could get it immediately over the phone.

HOWEVER IF IT IS NOT TRUE
For what reason do these people 'Shahidsuri'[/b][/i] and 'venga_pal' raise this issue ???

Remember for HSMP purpose, NARIC comparability letter is not a must as long as U r 100% sure about the recognisition of your degree.

Pantaiema

harakiri wrote:dear pantaiema

i know that NARIC people don't verify this over the phone, however the fact that venga_pal had mentioned the word 'spoken', i was taken aback.

sorry to waste your time.

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:48 am

I has applied for a letter of comparison from UK NARIC on 26th April, 2007. But i haven`t received the letter yet though the website says that the letter of comparison is prepared and sent to my correspondence address.
Could someone help me on this, as i am waiting only for this doc for submitting my HSMP application.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:30 pm

saratbabu07"]

It meand that the letter have been sent to your address.
In the UK for normal service it will normally take 3 weeks. What I could say try to call them and ask when the letter was sent and estimate time to send letter to your country (?).

Pantaiema

saratbabu07 wrote:I has applied for a letter of comparison from UK NARIC on 26th April, 2007. But i haven`t received the letter yet though the website says that the letter of comparison is prepared and sent to my correspondence address.
Could someone help me on this, as i am waiting only for this doc for submitting my HSMP application.

venga_pal

NARIC database

Post by venga_pal » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:49 pm

Hi guys...

Sorry I was not browsing the DB these days..

Well I hereby confirm that I have spoken to one of the NARCI's information officers,over the phone, who confirmed my course was in their data base and is comparable to UK honours degree.

Cheers,
Venu.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: NARIC database

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:48 pm

Dear venga_pal

Thank you for your information. If people could get information over the phone then it would be really a great help to other members as U did not need to spend time and money for NARIC verification. U could get it immediately over the phone. (Unfortunately, for me is not relevant)

Remember NARIC comparablity letter is not required if U r sure about the recognition of your degree.

venga_pal Would you please let us know the phone number that you were using to get verification over the phone ?

Regards
Pantaiema

venga_pal wrote:Hi guys...

Sorry I was not browsing the DB these days..

Well I hereby confirm that I have spoken to one of the NARCI's information officers,over the phone, who confirmed my course was in their data base and is comparable to UK honours degree.

Cheers,
Venu.
Last edited by pantaiema on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:11 pm

yes venga_pal, sharing of the phone number you called up would be highly appreciated. thanks.

venga_pal

Post by venga_pal » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:21 pm

Hi Guys,

I am giving the number below. It is actually given on their website.

0870 990 4088

Hope its useful...

Cheers,

Venga_pal

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:47 am

Thanks pantaiema, i shall call them and get the status.

surat3912

Post by surat3912 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:35 pm

Hello,

Today I am in receipt of NARIC Assessment report as under :

(1) Country of qualification : INDIA
Title of Award : Bachelor of Laws
Awarding Institution : South Gujarat University
Year of Completion : 1991
Assessment : Is considered comparable to British
Bachelor (Ordinary) degree standard.

(2) Title of Award : Bachelor of Commerce (Advanced
Accounting & Auditing)
Year of Completion : 1988
Assessment : Is considered comparable to British
Bachelor (ordinary) degree standard.

I hereby request to reply that will I get 30 points for educational qualifications or not ?.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:35 pm

Dear saratbabu07
If you could just call them and let us know whether U get your degree comparability over the phone, it will be great

Thanks
Pantaiema
saratbabu07 wrote:Thanks pantaiema, i shall call them and get the status.

surat3912

Post by surat3912 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:01 pm

Can some one explain regarding assessment of NARIC. What is the difference between honors and Ordinary degree ?.

venga_pal

RE: Honours and ordinary

Post by venga_pal » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi Surat,

If you know the Indian education system.. You have 4 year courses like B.E and 3 yr courses like Bsc etc.
I believe 4 yr courses are regraded as Honours and 3 yr courses are considered 'ordinary' degrees.

Hope that is clear to you..

Cheers
Venga_pal

harakiri

Post by harakiri » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:25 pm

I called up NARIC today on the number provided by venga_pal and indeed they told me about my qualification equivalency to the UK qualification.[/b]

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi Harakiri

It is a good news. I just want to know wethher this service is consustent or just by ranfdom base. Anyone else have tried to call NARIC ?.

Pantaiema

harakiri wrote:I called up NARIC today on the number provided by venga_pal and indeed they told me about my qualification equivalency to the UK qualification.[/b]

vs007

Post by vs007 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:27 am

I tried calling up this no given 0870 990 4088 ... but it was the recorded messages only ... would request you to confirm the options you has selected to reach to a manual operator