ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fees Clearance problem PLEASE ADVISE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

unsure

Fees Clearance problem PLEASE ADVISE

Post by unsure » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:46 pm

Hello,

I sent a request to get my Certificate of Registration corrected on 16 January. My name on it has very slight spelling error.

The £94.00 fee was cleared by my bank on 6 February.

I called the HO this morning and asked them for progression of my request.

The advisor guy told me the payment has not yet been cleared by the HO.

So it has been cleared by my bank like a week and half ago but not yet from the HO.

What does this mean? I am worried, does it take so long to clear a payment from there end?

unsure

Re: Fees Clearance problem PLEASE ADVISE

Post by unsure » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Please anybody know about this sort of thing???

The fee was cleared on the 6th of Feb...I went to my bank and they checked and confirmed it.

Anyone???

Im really freaking out now :(

Just Wondering

Post by Just Wondering » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:42 am

That's strange.

I would call the Home Office again and explain the situation as you set out above. If the money has left your account and appears cleared then it should be cleared and reconciled on their side especially if it's 10 days after it cleared and left your account. It sounds like an error by the Home Office.

rikken

Post by rikken » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:57 am

Similar thing happened to me although in my case it was due to my bank holding up the payment waiting on me to submit a fraud form allowing it to be processed.

The payment will sit in pending transactions with your bank for about a week max. Once that happens it'll get reversed out and if UKBA don't end up with the payment they will send you a letter to ask for it.

Do note, that from my experience UKBA have advised me that the direct debit payments they receive come to them via a third party. I had a letter from UKBA saying the fee was paid in full but my internet banking statement suggested no trace of the payment. This is because they had been paid by the third party but it was not yet reimbursed to them from me. The bank later released the payment after I hassled them.

Clifs: be patient, they won't do your request for free and will end up getting the payment

unsure

Post by unsure » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanks for your responses guys.

I actually paid them by cheque though. Could that be the reason why it takes longer? I know cheque payments dont take longer then 4 days to clear,?

im having paranoid thoughts now...on the payment slip form I put my full name down including my middle name (as it is on my certificate of Registration). But my bank doesnt have my middle name. only my first name and surname.

I asked the bank if that could be the reason..they said no it wouldnt be. She just advised me to send my bank statement to the HO as proof of payment.

How long should I wait before I contact them again?

rikken

Post by rikken » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:11 pm

unsure wrote:Thanks for your responses guys.

I actually paid them by cheque though. Could that be the reason why it takes longer? I know cheque payments dont take longer then 4 days to clear,?

im having paranoid thoughts now...on the payment slip form I put my full name down including my middle name (as it is on my certificate of Registration). But my bank doesnt have my middle name. only my first name and surname.

I asked the bank if that could be the reason..they said no it wouldnt be. She just advised me to send my bank statement to the HO as proof of payment.

How long should I wait before I contact them again?
Cheque payments can take as long as it takes for the recipient to physically cash the cheque. Then you wait 3-4 days for it to clear.

Don't worry about the middle name. It won't make a difference.

You won't need to contact them. Either you will get a letter from UKBA saying it's paid in full, or a letter acknowledging your application but asking for alternative payment. As I said before, they will get their payment.

unsure

Post by unsure » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:15 pm

Thanks Rikken,

The advisor guy told me I should get ''some sort of correspondence'' from them within three weeks.

I was advised by a solicitor that I didnt even need to get my certificate amended as my name on my passport is already correct.

I dont suppose I can withdraw my request and ask for payment refund?

Its just so redicilious I have to pay £94.00 over one letter in the alphabet.

rikken

Post by rikken » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:38 am

unsure wrote:Thanks Rikken,

The advisor guy told me I should get ''some sort of correspondence'' from them within three weeks.

I was advised by a solicitor that I didnt even need to get my certificate amended as my name on my passport is already correct.

I dont suppose I can withdraw my request and ask for payment refund?

Its just so redicilious I have to pay £94.00 over one letter in the alphabet.
I have to pay £80 and wait in a queue for 2 months to apply for something that I should have had from birth if not for an archaic, sexist law (UKM applicant).

So you're not the only one suffering with British beaucracy :roll:

unsure

Post by unsure » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:02 pm

This is just redicilious....

You mean I may have to wait several months to get a letter in the alphabet corrected???? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought my request would take like a week or something as i am already a British citizen, born here, lived here my whole life AND Ive got 3 UK passports..two of which are renewed.