ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements to ILR holder

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

4uvak000

Requirements to ILR holder

Post by 4uvak000 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:20 am

I have received my ILR on the grounds of 10 years of lawful residence in UK. And I am a bit confused as to the HO requirement to ILR BRP holder. In the leaflet I received together with my ILR BRP card in 5.1. it says "You should tell us if you change your address". Some people say it is not a requirement. So I do not see why it is in my BRP leaflet. Do I actually need to inform HO of my address change? And the second one. It says in the letter that if I leave the country I will be readmitted for settlement as a returning resident provided that I am returning for the purpose of settlement. I did not really get it. My friend asked me if I want to join her for a trip outside Uk next month. My friend will pay for everything. I am not working in UK, I am single and I am not studying at the moment. I am not claiming any benefits. (Actually I spend too much time fighting HO and now I need to make up my mind what I want to do with my life). Given all this will I have any problems on the UK border returning after the trip? Or am I too paranoid?

4uvak000

Re: Requirements to ILR holder

Post by 4uvak000 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Anyone?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:22 pm

You are being paranoid.

You are free to travel on holiday when you wish to. The only issue you will have, which is what the leaflet is referring to, is if you are away from the UK for 2 years as then you lose ILR. Also, to apply for Citizinship, you will need to make sure that your absences are less than 90 days in the 12 months immediately before applying for naturasliation.

Also, it is not necessary to inform the UKBA each and every time when you move, it is reasonable to assume that people move around.

Remember that ILR in the UK does not give you free movement in EU countries and if you needed a Schengen visa before ILR, you will still need one now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:43 pm

Thanks, CR001.