ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(O) -Section 5 - Declaration of Rent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Macco

Set(O) -Section 5 - Declaration of Rent

Post by Macco » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:05 pm

Hi ,

Section 5 says like ..

Under Home and Finance section,
5.2 Do you and your partner, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home ? => If so, How much do you pay each month

However I am living in my friend’s house, we agreed on X amount as rent, but I am not transferring him X amount each month, because we have other common expenses.
So Just in case, I have to prove X amount to be paid every month by bank transaction, I can’t. However I can get a letter from my friend for the same.
Please let me know do we have to prove rent to paid by any mean and at any stage, or this is merely declaration that you are paying rent.

Thanks,
Macco

dk2011

Re: Set(O) -Section 5 - Declaration of Rent

Post by dk2011 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Select option d) owned or rented by a relative or friend . Get a letter from your friend regarding agreed amount. That is sufficient.

Macco

Post by Macco » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Many Thanks for your reply. That I will get from my friend. But to understand this process.
Do they really ask to submit this as a proof ? Or I should always give this along with other documents.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:32 am

I don't think it is mandatory . You can just keep letter ready.