ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR applied on 10 years route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Miangee

ILR applied on 10 years route

Post by Miangee » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi all members
I have applied my ILR in December 13 and still waiting for that hopefully get it soon in shah Allah but I just want to know as I am on student visa which will be expire in August 14 shall I still need to go to college regularly until get ILR as my college is harassing me saying they will report to home office If i will not attend college even due to some personal problems .
Although my 10 years has been completed if college report my absentees will it effect on ILR application before ILR grant.
Any members had same experience share plz

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: ILR applied on 10 years route

Post by askmeplz82 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:24 am

It's important for your future

You shouldn't skip classes unless it was for something else. even after ILR you should continue. You paid lot of money to study there so why leave without a degree
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:33 am

I do not think it will affect your ILR given your 10 years of lawful residence has already passed. If you kept to the rules according to your visa requirements during 10 years (including attendance records) to the last day of your 10 years period, you should be OK. I would assume, that only if your college has a proof that you did not attend before 10 years passed, than yes, it will probably affect your ILR. I am not sure how your college will represent the information. They can say that you did not attend the course which started before your 10 years passed (which probably might have effect on your ILR) or they can give exact days of your absences. So keep this in mind.

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:37 am

Thanks for yours reply
It should not be problem as I have not even informed my college that I have applied ilr otherwise they would have asked me pay nexy year remaing fees as well.
And one of my friend college was shut down even when he was applied his ilr last 2 year back and was approved but I worried as rules changed everyday so if in case college report to ho then want to cover myself

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:35 pm

you should be okay now.. but it is better to avoid any sort of issue... now until you receive your ILR.

Miangee

Re: Student applied ILR on 10 years route

Post by Miangee » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:03 pm

hi
any senior member can explain following plz

Is home office contact the college to check the status of student like his attendance / progression etc before approval of ILR on 10 year Basis.

Is it compulsory to finish the course of study before apply ILR on 10 years Long residence

If the college report to home office as none attendance student will it effect ILR application approval which is in process.

Is bad credit history effect the ILR