ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advice if I am eligible to apply for BC...!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HareKrishna
Newly Registered

Please advice if I am eligible to apply for BC...!!

Post by HareKrishna » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:55 am

Dear All,

I got 2 issue before i want to apply for British Citizenship,please suggest & guide me:

1)My ILR is less than 1 year (granted via 10 yrs residency) But I was married to British wife 3 years back. Can I apply for BC on the basis of my wife British Passport ? YES OR NO..??

2)I have been give simple police caution at Nov 2012 ( >>1 yrs ago).It was even try to withdrawn from my wife during that time there & try to convince police i am not guilty.it was simple arguments between me & my wife.But to avoid any court going i had accepted simple caution from police.they didn't arrest just call me for interview at station (Domestic violence pushed to victim ) wording of caution written.
Do I need to wait for 3 years or 1 year (completed) to qualify for Good Character or Shall i take chance as i am looking to apply BC ASAP..??

Thanks In Advance.
H.K

vinny

Re: Please advice if I am eligible to apply for BC...!!

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:16 am

Probably safer to wait at least 3 years after the caution.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

HareKrishna
Newly Registered

Re: Please advice if I am eligible to apply for BC...!!

Post by HareKrishna » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:54 am

Thank You Vinny for your advice.

I am worried, UK H.O keep on changing rules everyday.
If I apply via solicitors...Do you think it would be more safer.

Please advice & guide.

Thanks & Regards
H.Krishna