ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: OCI Card vs Indian Tourist VISA

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

divmehta
Newly Registered

Post by divmehta » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi,

I need to travel in November and I have applied for my child's British Registration (MN1) and upon which I will apply for her british passport

Now I understand that OCI Card application lead times is 3 months, so
am wondering if its wiser to just apply for INDIAN Tourist Visa for this visit and then return back to UK and apply for OCI.

Looking at this site: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/visafees.html , I can see the INDIAN Tourist VISA Fee is 30 GBP so it pretty cheap

Please can anyone advise if the above makes sense

manoj123
United Kingdom

Post by manoj123 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Did you realise this is 'British Citizenship' section and has nothing to do with Indian visa or OCI?

divmehta
Newly Registered

Post by divmehta » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Yes but my question is related to travel abroad (to India) after british citizenship so any advise would be great

aprilclub

Post by aprilclub » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:01 pm

divmehta wrote:Yes but my question is related to travel abroad (to India) after british citizenship so any advise would be great
Not sure what your question really is.

If you are asking whether someone, as a british citizen, can travel to India on Indian visa; the answer is : yes you can.

Beyond that, not sure what is the issue?

divmehta
Newly Registered

Post by divmehta » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:56 pm

thanks you have answered that.

My question was whether I need an OCI Card OR Can we travel on Tourist VISA ( and then apply OCI later when back in UK as I would then have enough time to apply)... I am short on time so can't apply for OCI after baby get's british passport so was wondering if I can take a INDIAN TOURIST VISA Instead

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:43 am

divmehta wrote:Hi,

I need to travel in November and I have applied for my child's British Registration (MN1) and upon which I will apply for her british passport

Now I understand that OCI Card application lead times is 3 months, so
am wondering if its wiser to just apply for INDIAN Tourist Visa for this visit and then return back to UK and apply for OCI.

Looking at this site: http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/visafees.html , I can see the INDIAN Tourist VISA Fee is 30 GBP so it pretty cheap

Please can anyone advise if the above makes sense
Is your child eligible for an OCI card?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:43 am

Also, moving your post to the relevant forum.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

gurru
Newly Registered

Post by gurru » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:50 am

Hello All,

I have recently got my British citizenship approved and my ceremony date is on 12th march 2014, I have a situation at work which needs me to travel to india for 4 months ( Onsite for a project ) from April to July, clearly I cannot get my OCI approved and stamped before April, so any suggestion on what visa I should apply and if I can work there legally ?

thank you all in advance

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:22 pm

It's unlikely you'll get your British passport until end of March. You'll then need to surrender your Indian passport before you can apply for any Indian visa.

when in April do you plan to travel? In my view mid/second half of april is the earliest you can travel.

An alternate option is travel with indian passport and pay the fine £145 later when you surrender your passport.

gurru
Newly Registered

Post by gurru » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:51 pm

thank you ban

yes I am looking to travel end of April or may be able to defer it to first week in may, not later that that . I have been looking at the 5 year visa Option is that feasible, may be apply for OCI when I am in india at the time?